Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

07/04/13 - Leeds Rhinos v Warrington Wolves - KO 6.45pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Leeds Rhinos (11 votes [73.33%])

Percentage of vote: 73.33%

2. Warrington Wolves (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 M j M

M j M
  • Coach
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Regarding stats, the team metres made needs to be understood in context. Leeds pretty much spent the entire first half in Warrington territory - the scope to make huge metres was limited.

I have an ongoing issue with Phil Caplan's Albert Goldthorpe points awards - apart from consistently getting them wrong (in my opinion) he also is permanently keen to demonstrate he isn't biased. So Leeds will win 50-0 with the opposition having a universal mare and he will still find scope to give one of the places to the losing side. As long as he is Leeds correspondent there won't be a winner from Headingley.

#142 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Regarding stats, the team metres made needs to be understood in context. Leeds pretty much spent the entire first half in Warrington territory - the scope to make huge metres was limited.

I have an ongoing issue with Phil Caplan's Albert Goldthorpe points awards - apart from consistently getting them wrong (in my opinion) he also is permanently keen to demonstrate he isn't biased. So Leeds will win 50-0 with the opposition having a universal mare and he will still find scope to give one of the places to the losing side. As long as he is Leeds correspondent there won't be a winner from Headingley.

Maybe - but the majority of their ptb's in the 2nd half were in their own half.

I agree about the AG points, I don't like the award at all tbh.

#143 M j M

M j M
  • Coach
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

The award is good in theory but if you have the same person reporting on the same teams week after week as League Express often does then there is a danger of it being unduly affected by that. (and yes I know Gareth Walker wrote the report for Sunday's game but it is almost always Phil Caplan).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users