Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

06-07/04/13 - Tetley's Challenge Cup - Third Round

RFL media release

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: How interested are you in the Challenge Cup Third Round? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

How interested are you in the Challenge Cup Third Round?

1. I will be attending more than one game. (4 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

2. I will be attending one game. (23 votes [46.00%])

Percentage of vote: 46.00%

3. I will not be attending any games but will check all the results. (19 votes [38.00%])

Percentage of vote: 38.00%

4. I will not be attending any games but will check the result for my club only. (1 votes [2.00%])

Percentage of vote: 2.00%

5. I am not interested in the Third Round because my club is not involved. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. I am not interested in the Third Round at all. (3 votes [6.00%])

Percentage of vote: 6.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 AlwaysCru

AlwaysCru
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

No, the fixture was reversed - not sure why.

West Hull couldn't get a ground so asked to reverse the fixture but when the Racecourse wasn't available due to maintenance it was decided to go to Wilderspool as it was closer than the alternative of Eiras Park in Colwyn Bay....

#22 simonwref

simonwref
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

Shame it didn't come to colwyn bay, would have been good to develop interest down the coast.

Edit:
And, having checked google maps, Warrington is 5 miles closer than colwyn bay (although cb is 5 minutes quicker by time)

Edited by simonwref, 04 April 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#23 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,913 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

I'll be at Ince v Hemel, looking forward to it, I'll be the inconspicous bloke behind the sticks Ince are attacking with a 300mm lense in me hand, say hello if you wonder past!

#24 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

No, the fixture was reversed  - not sure why.

Because West Hull received some duff information about the availability of a ground in Hull and had to forfeit home advantage.

rldfsignature.jpg

#25 AlwaysCru

AlwaysCru
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

Shame it didn't come to colwyn bay, would have been good to develop interest down the coast.
Edit:
And, having checked google maps, Warrington is 5 miles closer than colwyn bay (although cb is 5 minutes quicker by time)

Sorry, when I said Wilderspool was closer, I meant for West Hull, as although they had to travel as they couldn't get a ground the Cru didn't want them to have to go all the way to Colwyn Bay. plus there's a union game on at Eiras at the same time...

Agree Cru should get a game on up the coast at some point....

#26 simonwref

simonwref
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

Ah, ok, sorry for the misunderstanding.

#27 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 793 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

I love the amateurs to put one over the semi pros and have seen a few. Swinton .v. East Hull and Thornhill .v. Workington immediately come to mind. I can't see it happening this year though. Would like to have seen Leigh Miners at home to Barrow and its a shame Thatto and Siddal didn't get lower ranked clubs, but I am sure they will do the NCL proud. Rascal, I will be at Hemel as well and there will probably be a few extra on the gate from my amateur club - Eccles because the Hemel full back - Mike Forgham has been with us for the last couple of years.

Edited by Plan of Attack, 06 April 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#28 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,880 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Blackbrook 18 - York 12 62 mins

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#29 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,664 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

gwan Blackbrook!

#30 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Blackbrook 18 - York 12 62 mins

anyone got the latest on this

#31 Nomad XIII

Nomad XIII
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

anyone got the latest on this

Last play try wins it for #yorkcityknights unlucky #blackbrook #rlchallengecup #langtreepark http://instagram.com/p/Xzyax_QRuj/

#32 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Got to feel for Blackbook, so near yet beaten on the hooter by York , a team 5 divisions above

Valiant effort from Leigh Miners at Barrow, and Leigh East had a pasting at Sheffield

great for expansion that All Golds and Hemel got through

Looking forward to AJM draw tomorrow for the next round - hoping that Leigh get a good draw of course, another lower league first them maybe a noney maker SL oppo at LSV in the round after  ;)

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#33 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,817 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Got to feel for Blackbook, so near yet beaten on the hooter by York , a team 5 divisions above

Valiant effort from Leigh Miners at Barrow, and Leigh East had a pasting at Sheffield

great for expansion that All Golds and Hemel got through

Looking forward to AJM draw tomorrow for the next round - hoping that Leigh get a good draw of course, another lower league first them maybe a noney maker SL oppo at LSV in the round after  ;)

Records tumbled at the Eagles game - think I'm right in saying that's their biggest ever win. Menzie Yere equalled Daryl Powell's 24 year-old record of 5 tries in a game, and Dom Brambani set a new record for the number of conversions in a game for the Eagles (14, again beating a 14 year-old record). Corey Aston, son of cup hero Mark, scored twice on his first team debut, too.

Over 200 points in two games at DVS this weekend, after the Sonics beat Sheffield-Hallam Eagles 42-40 yesterday. 35 tries in all, if my shaky maths is correct. DVS obviously the place to be for tries (and amateur defending, quite literally given that 3 out of the 4 sides in action were Tier 3 ones).

I'll shut up with the stats now.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#34 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

A good game at Workington versus AS Carcassonne ended with a bit of a brawl.    Vinny Anderson knocked on and as the scrum was being formed he suddenly threw a punch at James Robinson(Town).   Several players got involed and Robinson and the French number 10 exchanged punches.

Mr Leahy and his assistants restored order and gave Anderson a red card.   He then gave Robinson a yellow card along with the French number 10, and as Robinson ran past Anderson he said something and then walked in to the tunnel area.   Anderson ran after Robinson and struck him a couple of blows in front of the fourth official.

Town ran out winners 24 - 16 in what had been a quite entertaining game.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#35 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

The CC1 sides and French sides seem to have done well.
Oxford were well beaten by currently the best side in the Cup, but teams in the league above them will cop a scoreline like that this year.
UGAG won.
Hemel were overwhelming winners.
Crusaders embarrassed West Hull.
Toulouse stuffed Swinton.
Carcassonne were close, as were Skolars and Oldham.
Rochdale convincing.

Gateshead and SWS well beaten.
Posted Image

#36 AlwaysCru

AlwaysCru
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Went to Wilderspool and watched the Cru yesterday and they really did outclass West Hull, but in fairness Hull kept gong till the end.

On recent performances I'm not sure what would be a bad draw for Crusaders tomorrow, Sheffield away maybe? They've got to fancy the chance of causing an upset against the bottom half of the Championship sides and if they get anyone else it's a chance to top up the coffers...

Glad we've not got to wait too long to find out!

#37 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

The CC1 sides and French sides seem to have done well.
Oxford were well beaten by currently the best side in the Cup, but teams in the league above them will cop a scoreline like that this year.
UGAG won.
Hemel were overwhelming winners.
Crusaders embarrassed West Hull.
Toulouse stuffed Swinton.
Carcassonne were close, as were Skolars and Oldham.
Rochdale convincing.

Gateshead and SWS well beaten.

Disappointed with the result for Carcassonne. Would have been good for them to have drawn a SL team at home. Its clueless to have them in the draw so soon. Hopefully Town will get a decent draw (a poor SL team at Derwent Park)

#38 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,210 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

I don't think Thatto Heath were prepared for the onslaught that met them in the first half at Fev. They were 42-6 down at half time. But for the first twenty minutes of the second half they defended like  -erm - Trojans - and kept Fev scoreless. However on twenty minutes the dam broke and they conceded 34 points. But they should be proud of that twenty minutes.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#39 brooza

brooza
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

When is the 4th round draw?

EDIT: Just looked it up

The draw for the fourth round of Rugby League’s oldest and most prestigious competition, the Tetley’s Challenge Cup will be broadcast live on BBC Radio 5 Live on Monday April 8 from the home of holders Warrington Wolves at 3.30pm.

Edited by brooza, 08 April 2013 - 09:12 AM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#40 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,913 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Better late than never, photos from Ince v Hemel!