Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

What would you like to see on a revamped TotalRL.com?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,456 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

A complete absence of political correctness being allowed and even encouraged. Some posters think it's completely unacceptable to express an opinion or to take the mick outside their (self-appointed) mores and guidelines.

It's not a crime to have a laugh.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#42 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,297 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

Can we have a waaaahmbulance on speed dial?
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#43 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

A page advising us of RL on TV and Radio with details of SKY programmes together with BBC Highlight shows and local broadcasts with Match Commentaries, via the beeb and commercial radio.
Would be detailed but very useful.

#44 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Something like this - http://www.rugbyleagueontv.co.uk/ ? :)
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#45 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

a dedicated WORLD CUP micro site with all the news of the teams the player, fixtures, venues, general info, a countdown, i know there is a world cup site but another wouldn't do any harm.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#46 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

What would make you want to look at the home page more often?

There's a home page?
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#47 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

Well, there was a bit of a shake and wobble, anything new?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#48 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

Well, there was a bit of a shake and wobble, anything new?

Not yet!

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#49 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

Not yet!

:D There's no RLW to sort out this week y'know! Am I gonna have to step in and sort things out for another week?!

(still not a fan of what's happened to the quote)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#50 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

:D There's no RLW to sort out this week y'know! Am I gonna have to step in and sort things out for another week?!

(still not a fan of what's happened to the quote)

RLW is on sale today, folks. Rush out now and buy it, or hindle will have toiled in vain doing all those Easter match threads on my behalf! :D

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#51 Hodgo

Hodgo
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

I'd love to see the site have a strong focus on previewing the forthcoming weekend's games, almost an online version of the old League Express Weekend. I end up having to look in multiple places for accurate team news, form etc when it comes to doing my weekends fantasy league, tipping competitions and betting and it would definitely make the home page at a weekly (at least) destination. Something like this for each game would be fantastic...

http://www.guardian....nd-squad-sheets

#52 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

How's about a forum that works?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#53 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

How's about a forum that works?

You're posting aren't you? It's working enough for you to be a whiny little #####.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#54 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,789 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

A complete absence of political correctness being allowed and even encouraged. Some posters think it's completely unacceptable to express an opinion or to take the mick outside their (self-appointed) mores and guidelines.

Equally there are those who believe their occasionally offensive and factually incorrect posts to be above challenge or criticism.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#55 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

If you have to resort to offending people to be funny then the chances are you're not funny at all.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#56 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

What ever happened to the Special Guest? Would be great to have Steve Mcnamara, Steve Mascord or the Chairman from Hemel or Steve Prescott or Sir Bradley Wiggins on to see the game in a different way.

#57 timhammonds

timhammonds
  • Coach
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

What I think the current site should have is fans forums for all the new Championship and Championship 1 clubs,

Doncaster, Kieghley, Oxford, Gateshead ect.

#58 Grinner

Grinner
  • Coach
  • 451 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

Got to admit I don't often visit the rest of the site. Realistically, there isn’t much point in trying to replicate online news / reports sites like Sporting Life / BBC, because a) they exit and B) putting your news online rather puts your publications out of business.

What I would like to say would be stuff of “historical”, say historical tables, review of past matches, articles from the archive. It’d certainly be interesting to see what was being written about the game in the past.

#59 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

You're posting aren't you? It's working enough for you to be a whiny little #####.

Ooooh, touchy!!

That customer service training seems to be paying off.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#60 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

Ooooh, touchy!!

That customer service training seems to be paying off.

:lol:  :D

[Peggy Mitchell mode] Get outta my pub! [/Peggy Mitchell mode]

On Odsal Top baht 'at.