RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bramley Buffaloes

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

I don't think £5 is lot of money for NCL Rugby League but I bet you are by far the dearest in said competition. In Coventry I suspect you have fans who will pay what ever you charge to watch Rugby League as they are starved of the game, but up here in the North they begrudge paying £2. They can go and watch Pennine or North West Mens League games where they just throw some change in a bucket! I pay my £2 to go and see my club even though, as a club official, I don't have to. As I stand talking to our gate man I am amazed at the amount of people that complain about £2 (which includes a programme) or try to get in free with various excuses.

#22 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Pennine policy is that your not supposed charge for games but Queens do at Bus Vale £2.00-£2.50 in , they say they have to pay for the rent of the ground , but so does every other club.......

#23 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

Pennine policy is that your not supposed charge for games but Queens do at Bus Vale £2.00-£2.50 in , they say they have to pay for the rent of the ground , but so does every other club.......

You can get round this by having entry by program only.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#24 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

Clubs have to pay their rent. We at Coventry charge £5.00-not to make a profit purely to offset our costs.
Anyone that thinks that £5 is a lot of money these days is living in some sort of bubble

Includes London Weighting presumably? ;-)

#25 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

You can get round this by having entry by program only.

Which they don't..........they say you get a ticket for the raffle for a bottle , wot if that person does'nt drink!!!!!!! they should'nt be doing it

#26 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Which they don't..........they say you get a ticket for the raffle for a bottle , wot if that person does'nt drink!!!!!!! they should'nt be doing it

Cost me £12 to watch a Pennine division 7 `A` team  game last Saturday, well worth it, I know how much it costs to put on a home game.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#27 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

Cost me £12 to watch a Pennine division 7 `A` team  game last Saturday, well worth it, I know how much it costs to put on a home game.

When people bring a hat round i always put money in it and i would at Queens but i just think its a bit cheeky with what the Pennine Leagues run , i went to Rochdale/Old boys game and payed £10 , the Leigh/East Leeds game , been told they were charged £18 , super league prices or what!!!

#28 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Cost me £10 for a season ticket (concessions) to watch Hunslet Warriors play in the NCL.

#29 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

I think when Hunslet Hawks last had a 2nd team it was £3 Adults , £1 con , season tickets got in for nowt , good value , as with a lot of NCL teams , at amateur level you do get value for money

#30 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

I'd have to say for a well run league such as the Pennine League to have a policy that clubs shouldn't charge is a ridiculous rule. Surely the should be facilitating all possible opportunities for their member clubs to be making money. I could understand a rule that say caps it at £2 or something like that but recommending they don't charge is a little odd to me.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#31 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

I'd have to say for a well run league such as the Pennine League to have a policy that clubs shouldn't charge is a ridiculous rule. Surely the should be facilitating all possible opportunities for their member clubs to be making money. I could understand a rule that say caps it at £2 or something like that but recommending they don't charge is a little odd to me.

You could'nt monitor Drigs or Old Boys pitch tho Stat , simply because there not fenced off ......

#32 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

You could'nt monitor Drigs or Old Boys pitch tho Stat , simply because there not fenced off ......

That isn't the fault of every other team in the league though, and teams that have the ability to charge shouldn't been denied the opportunity because of this. The facility we have at Thatto Heath has multiple entrances and if people were determined not to pay they could easily avoid it. The vast majority of folk that watch amateur rugby don't mind paying a nominal amount in order to support the clubs. They understand it is necessary to keep the clubs running.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users