Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Carlisle Races

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Bit on Border last night about haven doing a deal with Carlisle races for a meeting there in August.
Barry Richardson said it was a good opportunity for the haven fans to watch a bit of racing and see the players who will be attending.
I suppose it's all good publicity for the club showing three of their players running up and down the course with their haven shirts on....but.....why on earth would they want to travel 40 miles to see their players, when they couldn't be ***** going down to the wreck last Sunday to watch them playing Rugby League against the current Champions. :wacko: :wacko: ( Rodders still looked in a bit of discomfort to me :D )
Will deffo be giving that meeting a miss.

#2 Luggsy the legend

Luggsy the legend
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

Ah jealousy is a strange thing

#3 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

Ah jealousy is a strange thing

OF YOU LOT :lol: :lol: :lol: you simple Yorkshire (sorry Cumbrian) idiot :rolleyes: Now crawl back under your stone .

#4 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 840 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

6-0 keyboard warrior!! Up the town, up the skolars of London, down with jam

#5 Marrafan

Marrafan
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Bit on Border last night about haven doing a deal with Carlisle races for a meeting there in August.
Barry Richardson said it was a good opportunity for the haven fans to watch a bit of racing and see the players who will be attending.
I suppose it's all good publicity for the club showing three of their players running up and down the course with their haven shirts on....but.....why on earth would they want to travel 40 miles to see their players, when they couldn't be ***** going down to the wreck last Sunday to watch them playing Rugby League against the current Champions. :wacko: :wacko: ( Rodders still looked in a bit of discomfort to me :D )
Will deffo be giving that meeting a miss.

Can't see further than your nose end can you?

And the responses have just reminded me school holidays are still on
Nice to see you were happy with only three points out of six at the weekend

#6 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 840 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

3 points and 6-0 of course, I'd say haven for super league next!! O I forgot you tried that and ended up going bust hahahaven

#7 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,522 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Were you?

#8 Marrafan

Marrafan
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Were you?

Much preferred the four that we got

#9 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,522 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Much preferred the four that we got

I thought you were all against bonus points?

Oh and I`m fairly sure you would have swapped those 4 for 3 and a win against us.

Something you havent done in erm.....oh thats right, 6 matches.

#10 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Good commercial sense would be to get in touch with Egremont, Kells, Wath Brow, Hensingham etc who have hundreds of players with parents etc and offer them a discounted rate of admission to get them through the turnstiles, all this Carlisle races stuff is window dressing that wont help Whitehaven become financially viable or grow there supporter base
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#11 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Can't see further than your nose end can you?

And the responses have just reminded me school holidays are still on

i think you will find most town fans only expected 3 pts from 6 over Easter. leigh was a tough trip but as expected haven were the worst team to visit DP so far this season.

#12 Marrafan

Marrafan
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

I thought you were all against bonus points?

Oh and I`m fairly sure you would have swapped those 4 for 3 and a win against us.

Something you havent done in erm.....oh thats right, 6 matches.

Where have I ever said I was against bonus points?

Believe it or not getting beat by you is not the end of the world and won't define our season so I don't lose any sleep over it. You lot keep bleating away about it. Friday was only one fixture out of 26. If you are happy to win just that one then good luck to you.

You deserved it on Friday, it was a dire game with two shocking teams you were just the better of the two on the day. Will you still be happy with beating us if you get relegated?
I would have swapped the bonus point for three yes plus the three against Sheffield (who you gave us no chance of beating) as I would much prefer the three in any game we play.

Be careful on Sunday the French may just surprise not a bad team at all

#13 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 280 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Believe it or not getting beat by you is not the end of the world and won't define our season so I don't lose any sleep over it. You lot keep bleating away about it. Friday was only one fixture out of 26. If you are happy to win just that one then good luck to you.

You deserved it on Friday, it was a dire game with two shocking teams you were just the better of the two on the day. Will you still be happy with beating us if you get relegated?
I would have swapped the bonus point for three yes plus the three against Sheffield (who you gave us no chance of beating) as I would much prefer the three in any game we play.

tell someone who gives a dirt #6-0 :)
bluewhitearmy

#14 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

surprise surprise the old "you were the best of two bad teams crack". same old jampot fans excuse for getting beat by town lol.

#15 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

Marrafan, maybe you can enlighten us, as to why you have turned up on here after such a long sabatical ? You had a good win, well done. I wouldn't post on deluded .com if we won the championship and the Challenge Cup. (did you know we've won both :D..... of course you did ) You only come on to try an antagonise us, how childish is that ?

#16 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

surprise surprise the old "you were the best of two bad teams crack". same old jampot fans excuse for getting beat by town lol.

we were bloody awful for about 60 mins on friday, and put out worst performance and still walked over a full strength haven team. its getting a bit boring beating them easily every game now.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

One true line about staying up being all that matters . Spot on , and it's gonna be a real dogfight for both clubs and quite a few others . Gonna change week to week , and back to back wins will be priceless if you can get them .

#18 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

we were bloody awful for about 60 mins on friday, and put out worst performance and still walked over a full strength haven team. its getting a bit boring beating them easily every game now.

yeah i agree we went at our best for most of that match but this best of two bad teams crack surfaces with the jampots every time we beat them.

#19 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

Well you know what to say when they win one .....
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#20 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

One true line about staying up being all that matters . Spot on , and it's gonna be a real dogfight for both clubs and quite a few others ....

Indeed that is all I'm concerned about and Haven have managed to beat a "top side" whereas we haven't. I don't feel like crowing just yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users