Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Someone won big!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

Just under £5,000 from a £10 bet on rugby league results

http://www.cityam.co...id-lunch-gaucho
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#2 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

So five £2 bets can net that kind of a jackpot?!

What would the bets be because I cant get my head round where the huge odds came from other than predicting the winning margins.

Id thought initially it was a £10 accumulator over the whole weekends games but doesnt seem to be the case!

#3 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

What would the bets be because I cant get my head round where the huge odds came from other than predicting the winning margins.

Id thought initially it was a £10 accumulator over the whole weekends games but doesnt seem to be the case!

Spreadbetting is very dangerous. The stake may have been £2 but lets just assume the Wigan result was 84-6. The punters loss would have been £156 instead of a profit of £156 - a turn round of £312 !

#4 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 390 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Well it was spread betting, so he must have predicted Wigan, Hudds and Wire to win by very large margins.

#5 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

I quite honestly dont really understand spread betting. Never looked at it so no idea how it works!

#6 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

Spreadbetting is very dangerous. The stake may have been £2 but lets just assume the Wigan result was 84-6. The punters loss would have been £156 instead of a profit of £156 - a turn round of £312 !

The point at which Brigg Rover's alarm clock went off?

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users