RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Someone won big!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

Just under £5,000 from a £10 bet on rugby league results

http://www.cityam.co...id-lunch-gaucho
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#2 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

So five £2 bets can net that kind of a jackpot?!

What would the bets be because I cant get my head round where the huge odds came from other than predicting the winning margins.

Id thought initially it was a £10 accumulator over the whole weekends games but doesnt seem to be the case!

#3 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

What would the bets be because I cant get my head round where the huge odds came from other than predicting the winning margins.

Id thought initially it was a £10 accumulator over the whole weekends games but doesnt seem to be the case!

Spreadbetting is very dangerous. The stake may have been £2 but lets just assume the Wigan result was 84-6. The punters loss would have been £156 instead of a profit of £156 - a turn round of £312 !

#4 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 359 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Well it was spread betting, so he must have predicted Wigan, Hudds and Wire to win by very large margins.

#5 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

I quite honestly dont really understand spread betting. Never looked at it so no idea how it works!

#6 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,093 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

Spreadbetting is very dangerous. The stake may have been £2 but lets just assume the Wigan result was 84-6. The punters loss would have been £156 instead of a profit of £156 - a turn round of £312 !

The point at which Brigg Rover's alarm clock went off?

hullthursday_zpsa8836b84.jpg

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users