Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Funny observation

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Whilst watching one of the SL games on TV last week, Hemmings apologised for the rows of empty seats, stating that it was a health and safety factor that an allocated number of seats had to be unoccupied. Whats all that about?. Why build 40,000 seat stadiums if that is the proviso?.
PS. It wasn't even April.

#2 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

Whilst watching one of the SL games on TV last week, Hemmings apologised for the rows of empty seats, stating that it was a health and safety factor that an allocated number of seats had to be unoccupied. Whats all that about?. Why build 40,000 seat stadiums if that is the proviso?.

Sounds like a very poor excuse to me Bob, they must have found a box with the next round of excuses in it :-)))))
Im Fev and im proud

#3 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

At some grounds , they even evacuate stands 10 mins from the end if they start to look full

#4 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,805 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

Police required "sterile area" ?

Which match was it ? Hull derby ?
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#5 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

Police required "sterile area" ?

Which match was it ? Hull derby ?

To be quite honest Griff, I cannot recall which game it was. Do not think it would be the Bronco"s !!!!

#6 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,805 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

To be quite honest Griff, I cannot recall which game it was. Do not think it would be the Bronco"s !!!!

A Good Friday match ? They're all derbies (well nearly).
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#7 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

If it was good fri it was wigan v saints or hull derby which was on sky

#8 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

When tha gets to my age, tha cant remember what tha had for dinner.

#9 Cantona

Cantona
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:33 AM

It was the Wigan v Saints match , I thought it odd at the time because we expect empty seats in any sport at Wigan .

It had me looking around the stands though , and there was just the odd bunches and ones and two's empty seats dotted around but I didn't see any sterile area so christ knows what that bufoon Hemmings was on about .

Edited by Cantona, 05 April 2013 - 03:34 AM.