Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Blackbrook v Knights

Challenge Cup 3rd round

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 SuperYork

SuperYork
  • Coach
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Well this is dreadful

#22 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

Embarrassing

#23 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Last minute try for the Knights, kick to come, it goes over, 24-26. Sounded like the better team lost, but a wins a win

#24 SuperYork

SuperYork
  • Coach
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Well at least we have won away! but that was awful. Credit to Blackbrook great effort by them.

#25 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Bit keen - We might not even be in it!

Only just made it. :rolleyes:

#26 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

It is embarrassing, however to be honest apart from the loss of income from Cup games what would we have lost ? This season should just be all about staying up and hence less games, less chance of injury to key players and focus on the future of the club not just a few cup games that realistically end up at nothing.

Know it sounds a bit blunt but it's fact.

Also big well done Blackbrook, any amateur side who push a semi-pro team that close deserve a big pat on the back.

Onwards and need to win next Sunday now.
Posted Image

#27 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Agree its a balancing act and that staying in the Championship is the main priority, but to have lost today, no matter how well Blackbrook played, would have been embarrassing to say the least. Anyway we won and hopefully will get a decent draw and earn some much need £££££

#28 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

Last minute try for the Knights, kick to come, it goes over, 24-26. Sounded like the better team lost, but a wins a win

Sam Scott - " The best team lost".

Gary Thornton - " That was unacceptable". Again.

GT also gave the impression that the Knights are a different team without Simon Brown, if thats the case we need to wrap him up in cotton wool.

Its a good job we weren't playing one of the top amateur sides ( no disrespect to players like Marshy and Sean Richardson) but as Shadow says a win is a win.

#29 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

Be great if I could listen online , go to the link & it only gives the game v Dewsbury as next commentary !!!!

Really? ######. Sorry about that, I know exactly why too - won't happen again.

#30 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

How the hell can we beat fev but struggle against an amateur team. No disrespect to Blackbrook,well done and hope you have a good season. Thanks to Spanish Knight for constant updates.

#31 knightrider

knightrider
  • Coach
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Well,i listened to the whole game on radio.It was torture from minute 1 to minute 90.For gods sake why on a pitch like langtree park do we play through the forwards constantly.Our completion rate,especially 2nd half must have been shocking.Dropped ball after dropped ball.James Haynes seemed to show up well.Nobody else came across well on commentary.

If i"m honest it feels like a defeat.Take my hat off to Blackbrook.Didn"t deserve to lose.Lee Marsh and the prop,was it Steve Marsh had absoloute blinders.To come within 7 seconds of beating a semi pro club must be gut wrenching.Genuinely feel sorry for them.

Sounds like the boys will be put through the mill this week at training and rightly so.Cant afford to be putting in performances like that.As long as the players realise today was unacceptable,they can put things right this week,ready for a massive game against Dewsbury.

Posted Image

#32 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

what was the last 10mins like after the hooter :D

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#33 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,101 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Sam Scott - " The best team lost".

Gary Thornton - " That was unacceptable". Again.

GT also gave the impression that the Knights are a different team without Simon Brown, if thats the case we need to wrap him up in cotton wool.

Its a good job we weren't playing one of the top amateur sides ( no disrespect to players like Marshy and Sean Richardson) but as Shadow says a win is a win.

I'd beg to disagree, Peter. The Knights were very ordinary today but give Blackbrook a couple of seasons and they will be challenging for NCL Premier honours.

#34 st@yck

st@yck
  • Coach
  • 653 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

We are in the hat for the next round, and have a much more important task next week. Take it and move on,im sure thats what GT and the players will be doing!

#35 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

We are in the hat for the next round, and have a much more important task next week. Take it and move on,im sure thats what GT and the players will be doing!

That's the spirit! We won't have gone out there looking to dazzle, just to win however we could. I'd like either Rhinos (home or away) or Cas at home (cos we'll hammer them from the terraces). I don't want any of the "minnows" that are left in.

Dewsbury next weekend will be a good game, I'm really looking forward to it, should be a cracker.

#36 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

Hope we get a home draw, think we will give most teams a game at home but our away forms not so good just yet, maybe an away game in the round after next to Leeds or Hull F.C. :rolleyes:

#37 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

I was particularly impressed with the way we started the second half today, the ability to knock on in our first 4 consecutive sets and not get out of our own half in any really took some doing against a team 5 divisions below us. Blackbrook were by far the better team, more enthusiasm, more skill, very few mistakes and they knew exactly how to play the game at their pace without niggling. We got out of jail big time today and we didn't really deserve it, if we carry on with this away form I very much doubt we'll get another point on our travels this season.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#38 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Your sh*t, hahahaha struggling against amateurs
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#39 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

Your sh*t, hahahaha struggling against amateurs

Yet beating probably the strongest team in the division the week before. Beggars belief.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#40 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

Yet beating probably the strongest team in the division the week before. Beggars belief.

It's crazy Simon!!! It seems you can beat anyone at home but yet struggle away
hunslet hawks champions 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users