Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#22 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Leicester 18-20 Bristol

Sonics grab the win at the death, with James Gross's try out wide wresting the points from Leicester's grasp. Bristol were 10-0 up but trailed 14-10 at half time. Nailbiter!

Had a text telling me that Hallam Eagles beat St Albans 82-0 - looks like they're getting stronger by the week.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#23 Gav

Gav
  • Coach
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Outlaws 28-20 Northampton. Not the greatest game I've seen, but a win's a win.

Nottingham Outlaws RLFC

RLC Premier Champions 2008

Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

RLC Club Of The Year 2001

Outlaws Match Photos

#24 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Outlaws 28-20 Northampton. Not the greatest game I've seen, but a win's a win.

Some close games over the last couple of weeks. Big top-of-the-table clash at Clifton RFC next Saturday, with the Outlaws travelling to Bristol. Could be a cracker!
www.bristolsonics.com

#25 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Leicester 18-20 Bristol

Sonics grab the win at the death, with James Gross's try out wide wresting the points from Leicester's grasp. Bristol were 10-0 up but trailed 14-10 at half time. Nailbiter!

Had a text telling me that Hallam Eagles beat St Albans 82-0 - looks like they're getting stronger by the week.

Must have played our lads.......................Only joking. without seeing the teams we can't really judge, but a score like that against a good amateur side at this stage of the season must have the alarm bells ringing.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#26 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Must have played our lads.......................Only joking. without seeing the teams we can't really judge, but a score like that against a good amateur side at this stage of the season must have the alarm bells ringing.

One wonders whether this league should really be tier 4 not 3. Is there too much of a gulf in standards between CC and Conference League South for dual registration to work?

#27 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:54 PM

One wonders whether this league should really be tier 4 not 3. Is there too much of a gulf in standards between CC and Conference League South for dual registration to work?

Sheffield have a lot of tier 4 players, one of ours got 4 tries and one who is at Toll Bar 3 today, I suspect a couple more of ours may be joining them soon as they all knock about together.

#28 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Sheffield have a lot of tier 4 players, one of ours got 4 tries and one who is at Toll Bar 3 today, I suspect a couple more of ours may be joining them soon as they all knock about together.

I know but does anyone really think that Conference South is a much higher standard than say the Pennine League that justifies calling it a different tier?

#29 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 992 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

I know but does anyone really think that Conference South is a much higher standard than say the Pennine League that justifies calling it a different tier?

Its the standards off the field as well that differentiate it.

#30 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

The Sheffield result is the reason why IMO it's on the field that should decide who is tier 3, 4, 5 or whatever at amateur level.

#31 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

I'd say it was ambitions that define it. I don't want to put too much emphasis on one result but St Albans are a good side and that result sounds like one-sided slaughter. 

#32 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 992 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

I'd say it was ambitions that define it. I don't want to put too much emphasis on one result but St Albans are a good side and that result sounds like one-sided slaughter.

Lets see what the future brings

#33 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

Personally don't think dual reg should be allowed at our level, but to be fair we don't know what the eagles team was.
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

#34 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

Dual reg is immoral and should not be allowed at any level.

#35 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

Dual reg is immoral and should not be allowed at any level.

I wouldn't go that far but rules need to be tightened up to prevent abuses. That's a general comment rather than one aimed at Sheffield.

Edited by Northern Sol, 21 April 2013 - 07:19 AM.

#36 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

I wouldn't go that far but rules need to be tightened up to prevent abuses. That's a general comment rather than one aimed at Sheffield.

Don't like banging on about BARLA rules/laws but didn't they have it right when they only allowed 2 permit players.

#37 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Don't like banging on about BARLA rules/laws but didn't they have it right when they only allowed 2 permit players.

Yeah, they did get that right to be fair.
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

#38 Exiled Townie

Exiled Townie
  • Coach
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Wasn't at the St Albans/Sheffield game and just got home from a week end away and seen the score.  Had to ring someone who was there to find out what happened.  Apparently St Albans were really struggling to get players out this weekend due to lots of injuries and had to get quite a few first timers into the squad - including the coach and some of the development lads who were playing their first game of competitive RL.   However, trying not to make excuses, I was told that Sheffield were very good indeed, apparently their players from Moorends and the Eagles U23's just dominated the game and were a cut above most of our lads, really good players.

Being on the receiving end of a hammering from a dual reg team isn't nice - but if it was our team that had a 'twinning' with a higher team I'd be all for it I suppose. 

Now I have to write a match report for the local press - and make it sound positive :wacko:

Jamfree.gifth_jasmax001.jpglaughingstock.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G.Orwell.
St Albans Centurions Website & St Albans Centurions Photo Site

#39 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Exiled Townie, on 21 Apr 2013 - 19:56, said:
Wasn't at the St Albans/Sheffield game and just got home from a week end away and seen the score. Had to ring someone who was there to find out what happened. Apparently St Albans were really struggling to get players out this weekend due to lots of injuries and had to get quite a few first timers into the squad - including the coach and some of the development lads who were playing their first game of competitive RL. However, trying not to make excuses, I was told that Sheffield were very good indeed, apparently their players from Moorends and the Eagles U23's just dominated the game and were a cut above most of our lads, really good players.
Being on the receiving end of a hammering from a dual reg team isn't nice - but if it was our team that had a 'twinning' with a higher team I'd be all for it I suppose.

Now I have to write a match report for the local press - and make it sound positive :wacko:

Just one of those games by the sounds of it. Sheffield are great in attack when they have all their Eagles forwards out, as they probably did yesterday, but against us and Leicester they were a bit flaky defensively. I expect them to be the side to beat, but it's not all over yet - let's see how the season pans out. Northampton and Leicester are improving week by week (Storm should have won yesterday, but were pipped on the final hooter) and with their best players out the Cents are a decent side. There will be plenty of twists and turns before the season's out.
www.bristolsonics.com

#40 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

I've just been told that Sheffield never used one member of the Eagles first team squad, he said he was not sure if Sheffield where that good or Saints where poor.

On the bright side I remember getting a 92 to a very little thumping at Westgate, two weeks later with basically the two same set of players we beat them 48 to very little, Rugby League is a wonderful game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users