TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Forum posting issues

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

mine wouldn't post on chrome so i uninstalled chrome then reinstalled it and now it works fine  

#22 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

mine wouldn't post on chrome so i uninstalled chrome then reinstalled it and now it works fine  

That's encouraging! :)

It's always worth checking that whichever browser you're using, you have the latest version installed.

Also, try emptying your web browser's cache/memory/temp internet files, a useful addition to the 'turn it off and turn it on again' computer helpdesk lexicon. ^_^

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#23 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,839 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

Still getting problems with Firefox.

Can get on,but no emoticons or font options available and a box comes ups aying "your post is empty"

Edited by Wolford6, 05 April 2013 - 09:41 AM.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#24 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

Still getting problems with Firefox.

Can get on,but no emoticons or font options available and a box comes ups aying "your post is empty"

Are you using the latest version of Firefox, and (for the time being) the 'More Posting Options' form instead of the Fast Reply form?

I just downloaded the latest Firefox, and I'm posting this with it. Seems to work ok.

Emoticon test to follow...

:blink: :wacko: :unsure:

They seem to work too.

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#25 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

Im having trouble post on my laptop but fine when posting on my smartphone.

#26 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

All of the buttons above the posting box (smileys, bold, colour etc) are greyed out and unresposnive. This is whether normal or quick reply is selected.

I'm using Firefox in case that's relevant.

Please check you have the latest version of Firefox. I'm using that at the moment and it seems to be working ok.

My previous older version didn't work properly on here anymore though.

To check for updates in Firefox, click Help / About Firefox. Or click here and it'll tell you if you're up to date or not, with a link to the latest download version.

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#27 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

Im having trouble post on my laptop but fine when posting on my smartphone.

That suggests a browser related problem. Check you have the latest version of whatever browser you're using on the laptop installed, and give that a whirl.

John Drake
TotalRL.com

#28 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

Hate this tweaking of quotes.

Yeah don't like how you can't see who's being quoted.

#29 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

Yeah don't like how you can't see who's being quoted.

I don't like how the box appears in this typing section, but it does say who you're quoting it just takes a second longer.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#30 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

I don't like how the box appears in this typing section, but it does say who you're quoting it just takes a second longer.

It does in the reply box but once the quotes in the thread it doesn't say who's been quoted. Which means you sometimes have to scroll up to see who's been quoted.

It doesn't show up for me anyway.

#31 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

It does in the reply box but once the quotes in the thread it doesn't say who's been quoted. Which means you sometimes have to scroll up to see who's been quoted.

It doesn't show up for me anyway.

Oh no that's where I meant, in thread. I've noticed it's been nameless for a bit but after a few seconds it's normal. It's just this stupid box in the typing section that's doing my nut.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#32 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

Oh no that's where I meant, in thread. I've noticed it's been nameless for a bit but after a few seconds it's normal. It's just this stupid box in the typing section that's doing my nut.

Ah well looks like its just me then as the name doesn't come up even after a few seconds.

#33 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,462 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

This is going to be properly awesome when Bleep gets back

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#34 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,057 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

This looks better.

edit. It works! It was hopeless earlier - couldn't post, looked all wrong, courier font, "post empty", all the rubbish others have mentioned. JD rides to the rescue (Good man, that John. I don't care what the rest of you say. ;) ) with his "clear browser history/cache/temp files" idea. Worked a treat and so easy in Chrome. Thanks.

One small question, though. If the geniuses who implement the upgrade do their job properly, why do I have to tinker about under the bonnet? :O

second edit: Forgot to mention. You only need to clear cache, etc. back to before the "upgrade". One day did it for me. You don't need to clear your entire history.

Edited by tonyXIII, 05 April 2013 - 01:44 PM.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#35 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,601 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

Just updated firefox and still nothing.

Currently using an old edition of IE explorer, but unable to use the angry face emoticon that I would like to use about this total faff around.

#36 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,042 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

No joy with Google Chrome - won't see any words or images I try to post.

Same with Firefox.

Internet Explorer let's me post both words and pictures. On clicking on 'Post' button I get the message 'saving' but the page doesn't automatically update. When I manually reload the page then I find the post - words and/or images are there.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#37 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,042 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

Just updated firefox and still nothing.

Currently using an old edition of IE explorer, but unable to use the angry face emoticon that I would like to use about this total faff around.

:angry:

There you go Mark - hope that helps! B)

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#38 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Just testing the quick reply box.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#39 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Just testing the quick reply box.

Initial post came out okay - quoting it brings up the "nbsp" thingy, which I deleted manually from before and after the quote box. Using the Opera browser, although not the latest version.

Edited by Futtocks, 05 April 2013 - 02:52 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#40 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,913 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

I can post in Firefox but not IE.

Looks like it's broken.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users