Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Myton on Sunday

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,977 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

i don't know anything about the Myton side that we play on Sunday. Where do they stand in the BARLA pecking order and should we be fearful of any sort of upset?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#2 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 936 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

This season they are third from bottom in the National Conference Premier League,only played two games,lost them both,while other teams in that league have played three or four.We should always be fearful of teams who have nothing to lose,still think we should win by thirty points.

#3 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

do you think there will be any changes to the team, ie rest a couple and bring in some fringe players or will it be full strength

#4 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

do you think there will be any changes to the team, ie rest a couple and bring in some fringe players or will it be full strength

We need to get first team out if you ask me. Need to try and get some confidence back and run through the moves without (hopefully) too much pressure. Loosing this one isn't worth contemplating. The repercussions for the rest of the season could be devastating.

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,977 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

I expect a fair bit of "squad rotation" will be in evidence.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#6 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

I would take any sort of win just need to get into the draw for the next round.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#7 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

Like I said on an earlier post myton wont be coming to make up the numbers, if they have a full strength squad to pick from they could give a good account of themselves, they have good halfbacks some decent forwards and their number 4 runs hard. It all depends on who plays. It has been mentioned on the NCL forum they have a few key players out having said that i would expect the lads to win and go back into the bag for the next round

#8 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

Jonathan Schofield is getting a run out according to the press, I take it as it is because Colemans out.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#9 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

heard Brown being rested

#10 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

It says a heck of a lot about fans confidence in the Rams when some posts are dubiously predicting a win. 

We will hammer Myton, and if we don't then we have big, big, big problems. 

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#11 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Myton lost to Thatto who we beat 84-12 last season in the Cup. It should be a comfortable win.

#12 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

The attendance will tell you more than the result

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#13 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

heard Brown being rested

Not heard that one, I'm quite interested to see who our half back pairing would be then, ___________ and apparently Schofield as I said I read in the press, maybe gallagher at 6, I heard he's been there before.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#14 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

I understand no dual registered players will be in evidence today and surmise the same will apply to those on loan. I also think this game will see a call up of squad members for first team experience (not that we have a second team, if you see what I mean).

One point here with regard to Bobbie/Bobby Goulding; his shirt number had 19, so does this mean that Callan Beckett has left the club, or do we rotate the squad numbers too?

My conservative prediction for today is:

Dewsbury 40 - 20 Myton Warriors

Att: 585.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#15 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

Not heard that one, I'm quite interested to see who our half back pairing would be then, ___________ and apparently Schofield as I said I read in the press, maybe gallagher at 6, I heard he's been there before.

Kelsey the Bulldog. Are you coming to watch your new team again up at the Love Rugby League stadium today? I can save you a space behind the sticks which would also be something new to you ;)

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#16 legin

legin
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

C F

One point here with regard to Bobbie/Bobby Goulding; his shirt number had 19, so does this mean that Callan Beckett has left the club, or do we rotate the squad numbers too?.[/quote]

though Goulding was in shirt 27 last week with C Beckett on bench as one of waterboys ?

Edited by legin, 07 April 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#17 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

#18 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

. Alot I know not off today. Anyone else not going? I reckon wel struggle to break 500 today! Expecting our worst crowd in years personally. Not playing well, cold rather, season tickets not counting, poor rugby at minute ect will be the main reasons the poor crowd aswel as it been a game against an amateur side. Challenge cup as lost its romance, hence the poor crowds all way to the final every season

#19 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

Plus the recession.

#20 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users