Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Myton on Sunday

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Plus the recession.

It's probably more to do with the fact folk don't want to pay a tenner to watch their team hammer a a team no one has ever heard of.

I'll be there, simply because it's a split gate and seeing money go into the amateur game is worthwhile for me.

Edited by funkmaster flex, 07 April 2013 - 11:46 AM.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#22 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,223 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

Kelsey the Bulldog. Are you coming to watch your new team again up at the Love Rugby League stadium today? I can save you a space behind the sticks which would also be something new to you ;)

Yeah, tell them if you're going Kelsey. They'll hold up the kick off until you get there.

Will they be reading out the crowd changes to the team again PM?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#23 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

24 - 0 HT, Dewsbury struggling to get into any kind of rhythm due to errors and some baffling decisions.

Poor first half in all honesty, Myton have certainly come to play, but are stifled by Dewsburys defence which has been solid.

Edited by funkmaster flex, 07 April 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#24 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 832 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

56-6 ft
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#25 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

Callander Beckett played today so ha not left the club. Rumour quashed and Karl Pryce was watching and seemed in good spirits. Rested Spicer, Brown, Lillycrop, Pryce plus Wright with a cast on his leg. No dual reg.

Myton very impressive, excellent kicking game, good pack kept going and deserved their try at the end.

Rams capable performance,, kicking game was poor, started by controlling orb well but towards the end let Myton play the ball too quick and they got a roll on. Need to keep pub under control and improve the kicking game substantially.

#26 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

Callander Beckett played today so ha not left the club. Rumour quashed and Karl Pryce was watching and seemed in good spirits. Rested Spicer, Brown, Lillycrop, Pryce plus Wright with a cast on his leg. No dual reg.

Myton very impressive, excellent kicking game, good pack kept going and deserved their try at the end.

Rams capable performance,, kicking game was poor, started by controlling orb well but towards the end let Myton play the ball too quick and they got a roll on. Need to keep pub under control and improve the kicking game substantially.

The difference between the two sides for me was that Myton just didn't seem to have that edge where they could bust through defence, or spin out of a tackle. So everything they managed to pull off lacked that final bit of flair. They certainly played out of their skins though.

Difficult to judge Dewsbury really, their defence was solid throughout and they were trying to get the ball out wide, with some excellent tries down the wing. But players are failing to back each other up, failing to get off the line and not getting back quick enough.
All in all not a bad game and a good chance for Dewsbury to try new things against a determined Myston side.

A note for Roger: You were fantastic today with the kids - even though my lad almost beat you at an arm wrestle ;) Its the likes of you, (and the woman handing out free sweets) that do the tireless job of keeping the young ones enthusiastic about coming back. So a big thank you :)

#27 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

404. Worst ever crowd at the rams/tetleys stadium since we moved there.

#28 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

Not just at Dewsbury though but poor crowds all round in the 3rd round. Only 700 at fev, 480 at Batley and 333 at Sheffield ...

#29 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Non-Dewsbury
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Yeah, tell them if you're going Kelsey. They'll hold up the kick off until you get there.

Will they be reading out the crowd changes to the team again PM?

Poor crowd at the mount but we ad more than you so mer!

And doesnt Pryce get a rest when he plays ???

Good luck in the next round and you must be looking forward to being underdogs regardless of who you draw!!

THIS IS WHAT CENSORSHIP LOOKS LIKE!!

Favorite film - "Silenced by the Lambs"

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#30 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

Not heard that one, I'm quite interested to see who our half back pairing would be then, ___________ and apparently Schofield as I said I read in the press, maybe gallagher at 6, I heard he's been there before.

TG played half back at home against Barrow in 2010, the week before the NRC Final. Moore & Handforth were both carrying knocks, and were rested. Ian Preece (remember him?) was our other half back. Both played blinders, with TG scoring four tries. Mind you, he could play 80 minutes in those days.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#31 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,223 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

Half backs - Schofield and Goulding - sounds pretty good to us old-timers!

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#32 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

Half backs - Schofield and Goulding - sounds pretty good to us old-timers!

Young Bobby could well be the solution to the goal kicking problem - seems like a decent halfback. Would like to see him partnered with Johnson and Brown moved to 13 - be a good triangle that IMO.

#33 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,223 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Young Bobby could well be the solution to the goal kicking problem - seems like a decent halfback. Would like to see him partnered with Johnson and Brown moved to 13 - be a good triangle that IMO.

Maybe, but I believe that he's only on a month's loan. He would be a most useful acquisition in my book as he has a good all-round kicking game.

OTOH I don't expect to see Schofield playing for us too many times in the future.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#34 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

Maybe, but I believe that he's only on a month's loan. He would be a most useful acquisition in my book as he has a good all-round kicking game.

OTOH I don't expect to see Schofield playing for us too many times in the future.

Not sure JS would have made the myton side TBH. Difficult for the lad trying to live up to his dad though - he's never going to be favourably compared.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users