Home brewing

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

Thanks! I'll check out our local Wilkinsons (though it isn't the biggest on).

Not sure where the nearest 'real' home brew store might be though. Probably castleford.

Just googled "home brew shops in Yorkshire" and there seem to be a fair few, scattered around. Sheffield, Doncaster, Leeds, Morley, Cleckheaton, York. Have a look and see which is nearest. "Brewpaks" seems to be a common trade name.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#22 hunslets iggy pop

hunslets iggy pop
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

Riding pie just looked on Amazon they do a California connoisseur red for £12.99p + £4.99p delivery , miles too expensive.

Check your local home brewing shop , maybe the best bet, if no Wilko's stores nearby.certainly cheaper than getting a kit on Amazon.

Remember you want one that makes up 6 bottles not 30 , you might need to buy the wine all purpose yeast to go with it, but most wine  kits have the wine yeast under the plastic lid.

#23 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

Thanks! I'll check out our local Wilkinsons (though it isn't the biggest on).

Not sure where the nearest 'real' home brew store might be though. Probably castleford.

How far from Hull are you? There's one in East Hull.

Also as westhuller says above, Boyes on Hessle Road has a good homebrew section, far superior to Wilkinson's IMO.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#24 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

Thanks for all your advice guys. Might have a go myself if the kits are cheap enough. I'm assuming you're advising the 6 bottle packs to get used to the whole process. (Sounds like the best idea anyway not sure what he'd do with 30 bottles worth)

#25 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

I'm in snaith so about halfway between Leeds and Hull. Sadly we don't get in to Hull as much as we used to since my wife's grandad died last year. She always gets very sad whenever we head that way (though I'm sure she'll recover before Hull fair which is her favourite time of year).

I'll try and make an excuse to swing that way though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users