• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 701 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

http://www.batleybul...-of-the-success

From the club website

This is positive from the club and I think we as fans should all try bring someone new this season.

#2 D4vid

D4vid
  • Facebook
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

Free pint for season ticket holders who bring a friend? What about £50 for 4 home tickets. We are never going to sell out in a match so these 4 games could be used at any time. People can pick the big games or the ones played in better weather. Or just save them for the business end of the season. Selling them now while we are in 2nd may also boost sales

#3 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Free pint for season ticket holders who bring a friend? What about £50 for 4 home tickets. We are never going to sell out in a match so these 4 games could be used at any time. People can pick the big games or the ones played in better weather. Or just save them for the business end of the season. Selling them now while we are in 2nd may also boost sales

I used to bring a pal to the odd match until an incident at a local derby put him off going to games. He enjoyed the matches but used to complain about the cost of entry. Given that cost can be an issue I think that your suggestion of 4 home games for £50 is an excellent idea.

Any other good ideas out there for improving the gate?

#4 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

Featherstone are advertising 4 for 3 mini season tickets for £50 under the slogan 'Watch Whitehaven, Workington, Swinton and we'll throw Batley in for nowt!'; ' this is the Fevolution' (Yorkshire Post Saturday magazine).  Did they get the idea from D4vid or D4vid from them?.  It will be interesting to see if any increase in the crowds results from this initiative and if so whether it will cover the money lost at the Batley tie.

Given the need to increase crowds in the Championship this thread ought to run a while.  It would be good to see some positive replies, although I guess its' more likely to attract less than funny replies from E, ER and C from across the valley (yep, I know that the headline invites some ribbing). 

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,759 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

Featherstone are advertising 4 for 3 mini season tickets for £50 under the slogan 'Watch Whitehaven, Workington, Swinton and we'll throw Batley in for nowt!'; ' this is the Fevolution' (Yorkshire Post Saturday magazine).  Did they get the idea from D4vid or D4vid from them?.  It will be interesting to see if any increase in the crowds results from this initiative and if so whether it will cover the money lost at the Batley tie.

Given the need to increase crowds in the Championship this thread ought to run a while.  It would be good to see some positive replies, although I guess its' more likely to attract less than funny replies from E, ER and C from across the valley (yep, I know that the headline invites some ribbing). 

I think you're right - all Championship clubs should be coming up with such innovations to increase their crowds however much they can. It isn't a simple problem within an individual club but an obvious case that typical RL fans at all clubs are being hit hard by financially desperate times. If an attractive offer to get to see their team is available then maybe enough will take it up to encourage even more to do so. In many ways getting them into the ground with the hope that they'll return is almost as important as the immediate income that might be generated.

No ideas are exclusive so expect the best ones to be copied in short order.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users