Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Any tips for the National?

Dont say dont bet please

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

See if anyone can come up with the winner!
Only a couple running in blue and white so could it be teaforthree for a 3pm kick off tomorrow ?
Or number 6 = Seabass.
Cappa bleu = ain't that French for blue?
Without any Town connections I will have a punt on Balthazar King, just because I can't see the value of backing Ruby Walsh's in such a big field.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

I know it's carrying lumps of weight but Imperial Commander is by far the best horse in the race ... Gold Cup winner versus good handicap chasers . If weight and inactivity finish him ill have a saver on Roberto Goldback ( owner bought it to win the national ) and Rare Bob with the form jockey .... Outsider for a place Soll off a feather weight and loves the drying ground . Erm ... I won't be held to these !!!

#3 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

Soll no weight on it at all e w bet at 40/1

#4 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

From whitehaven though lol

#5 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,911 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

My annual bet has been placed on Teaforthree; Rare Bob and Treacle.   

Can't promise the winner but I once got 1st, 2nd and 3rd in this race (Nicholas Silver; Merryman II and O'Malley Point) !!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,911 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

Double Post    - sorry

Edited by Keith T, 06 April 2013 - 02:28 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

Was that the one where the suffragette ran in front of the kings horse Keith ...!!! ( slapped wrist ). With my betting luck and prowess I'd have lumped on it if I'd been around ... I'm the mug they talk about when they say its a mugs game !

Edited by DavidM, 06 April 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#8 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Woo hoo second and third for the voodoo master !!! I thought Balthazar was gonna get in there too.

Edited by The Voodooguru, 06 April 2013 - 03:36 PM.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

Absolutely zero nowt

#10 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

Absolutely zero nowt

Rare Bob was fifth wasn't it? I put money ( £1 ew) on it for my son as it was my dads name.
All this form mumbo jumbo means nowt to me if it has blue and white connections I'm on it. Pity the winner had blue and yellow or that would have been a handsome win!!

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

I was on the win wid all mine

#12 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Mrs Onion got the winner, just a quid e/w but a win is a win
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Definitely

#14 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

Aye at 1/66 plus another quarter . Good on Mrs Onion!!

#15 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 921 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Got second and third, e/w bets  :D

on a different note, seen the French lads in town today, some big units there.