Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Where's the Chocalate gone ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Looking at yet another haven double page pullout in the middle of the N&S last night (thet deffo get more of their fair share of them) and it was noticeable that there was a distinct lack of chocalate on their kit. It looked more like a red flash rather than the traditional chocalate. I wonder if this was a mistake by the manufacturer or maybe just a bad picture ?

it was also good to see that they have changed  "Pride of cumbria" on the back of their shirts to "Pride in Cumbria" I would imagine they had to change it after a visit from trading standards. :)

#2 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

Just looked on the website and had a chuckle to myself at yet another glaring mistake. The piece about haven forward matty parker! Is he the lovechild of sjp and matty palmer?

They really haven't got a clue........

#3 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

On the Jam forum now there is a best/worst Jam kit and the Faithless one has even put a pic of our away top, they really are obsesed.
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#4 Luggsy the legend

Luggsy the legend
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

On the Jam forum now there is a best/worst Jam kit and the Faithless one has even put a pic of our away top, they really are obsesed.

If you read it properly the lass is talking about poor kits and haven playing in pink and anyone else who plays in putrid pink as it looks awful

#5 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

So has the chocolate gone ? or was it just a bad picture ? As for bad kits, I'm afraid to say We have had a couple of shockers down the years, I remember one with diamonds on that was disgusting. 

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,411 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

The simpler and cleaner design the better isnt a bad formula ... Like plain white and a nice blue v , Great to see that run out at DP again . Good to see we've moved in the traditional direction this year . Hope we keep on this track , looks good and brings back memories . Away strips less significant , you can experiment a bit

Edited by DavidM, 07 April 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#7 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

If you read it properly the lass is talking about poor kits and haven playing in pink and anyone else who plays in putrid pink as it looks awful

And why then just link a Town top as a pic then? Obsessed!
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users