TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Today's (Mis) Match

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

Don't really know what to say about that shower today apart from the fact I am ashamed to even have a Swinton shirt never mind be associated with that apathetic bunch. They need to have a long hard look at themselves a decide if they actually want to be rugby players anymore after some of the crack they were trying to pass off  as RL today so so embarrassed.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#2 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

Worst performance for some considerable time and raises the question to me over whether we have some players who aren't good enough.

#3 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

im surprised by that result...thought you would have been closer especially at home ?

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#4 Sniper Dennison

Sniper Dennison
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

An 80 minute French lesson on how to play simple, entertaining, open and disciplined Rugby League - by letting the ball do the work!

#5 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

More annoyed about our attitude in the first half and how clueless our 'halfbacks' looked compared to theirs. Once again no idea in attack and lazy in defence. Lions coaching staff take note, that was how an organised and disciplined team should play not our throw it around and see what happens approach which is clearly not working. Still Watson's injury may now force them to play DWYER FROM THE START.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#6 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Does anyone know what the attendance figure was?

#7 Cantona

Cantona
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

#8 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

Its been a long time since ive last been this upset. Lets face it we got taught a lesson today. im disappointed in our lack of creativity, we are the slowest team in and around the ruck. we lack flare, invention, and bar one or two we lack passion.

Lets face it we have missed out on a possible payday and a good day out but nothing more.

what we need now is to learn from today. if we dont learn from this we are going down. fact.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#9 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

What a dreadful result. I thought the link up with Warrington was going to push us forward this season, we have definitely gone backwards. I agree that unless we improve in the next few weeks we're Championship 1 fodder and kiss goodbye to Agecroft. I'd drop the Warrington link now and use our own players, rather go down with our own than Warrington reserves. The next few games are pivotal to our season and the future of The Lions!
"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

What a dreadful result. I thought the link up with Warrington was going to push us forward this season, we have definitely gone backwards. I agree that unless we improve in the next few weeks we're Championship 1 fodder and kiss goodbye to Agecroft. I'd drop the Warrington link now and use our own players, rather go down with our own than Warrington reserves. The next few games are pivotal to our season and the future of The Lions!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

Just to add before anyone says it's a one off. It's not that we got beaten, it's the manner and the number of points conceded!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 644 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

Lots of things I'm not happy about today. I reckon Mr Chambers has a big job on his hands.

#13 Davecord

Davecord
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

Before i launch into a whinge, congrats to Toulouse on a fine display of attacking rugby . The score didn't flatter them in any way .

I haven't been to many games this season but this was one of the  poorest performance's I've witnessed for a few years ( Celtic Crus 82-4) being the last one that come to mind . Poor from us in all respects. Seemed to lack in ideas and the pace of Toulouse had us

stretched throughout the game . Some of our basic errors were embarassing . Most of our players didn't look like they wanted to bust a gut . Big challange for Gary Chambers to sort out , hope he's up to it , but the signs aren't good after today. 

'Both clubs will be working together to produce a really special day for all our fans and casual spectators.'

Swinton Lions 26th Mar

Edited by Davecord, 06 April 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#14 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

The result in my opinion proves my point that DR does not work in the favour of swinton lions, and you are imo quite correct shizonamy if the link with warrington isnt dropped asap the future looks bleak, as for agecroft that is just a dream and will remain just that.

#15 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

There weren't any dr players on today
What there were was a load of disinterested looking players both ex Warrington youngsters...gene ormsby and jack morrison excepted...and regulars
Something more than our link up with Warrington was at fault for that performance. To blame it I believe is to use it as a convenient argument by its opponents.

Edited by mark richardson, 07 April 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#16 Sniper Dennison

Sniper Dennison
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:54 AM

Wonder if there are another 15 Hawkyard brothers? If so, problem solved!

#17 Sniper Dennison

Sniper Dennison
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:00 AM

Good job their left winger 'bombed' two tries with the line at his mercy and that they missed quite a few conversions!

(null)

#18 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

Many things from yesterday did not sit right with me for instance the clubs promotion of the game was pretty much none existent outside of the internet (I.e. no match posters in the MEN or Advertiser ever.) this should be  instigated by the club not left to the ever loyal volunteers to print out and stick up posters wherever they can, they shouldn't have to do, that it's the clubs responsibility to do that. Sometimes I wonder if the club actually wants to survive because it looks from a certain perspective that they try to fail or try to do as little as possible when its obvious they could have done more.  You only have to look at how other clubs promote the things they do to notice we look rank amateur at times.  Another thing that was obvious from yesterday was the massive gulf in class and team organisation between the two teams they were absolutely fantastically organised and drilled and knew their role and positioning in every area of the pitch we look clueless with the ball in hand at times especially near the line, note to the powers that be we have to invest in better players or we will get relegated FACT and then the club will be on its ass again.  But then again that may have been your objective all along.  Getting more disillusioned by the day not happy sort it out now.

Edmund Burke

#19 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 644 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

I see Workington beat Carcassonne (who interestingly are on level points with Toulouse in the French league).

#20 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

Toulouse beat Carcasonne comfortably about 2 weeks ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users