Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Attendance

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

I knew it was going to be a low one,but to get only 404 to the game was a bit of a shock,have we had one any lower in years gone by, i remember us losing to London Sk a few years back and getting around the 500 mark,the game was that bad,no player from the rams didn't get a man of the match award.

#2 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

£10 was obviously still too much for some people to pay, given that we was playing against team with a 99% guaranteed win, a team no one has probably ever heard of, and off the back of weeks of poor on the field performances from the club.

All things considered, we was probably lucky to get what we did.

Im not even sure if the club charged a fiver we'd have had much of an increase in fans.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#3 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Very disappointing. It's the worst crowd wev ever had! Even the season we finished 2nd bottom of championship 1/national league 2, the lowest we could finish in the whole proffesional league ladder bar 1 place we still got 5 600.. I saw loads of missing faces and know loads who didnt bother coming with excuses of not coming being, season tickets don't count, we're playing poor and not entertaining so people made other plans and people being skint aswel as playing an amateur team in a game we was always going to win. Imsure wel be back to the 800 home fans at home to workington in afew weeks time though as challenge cup crowds are low all over today

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 07 April 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#4 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

They was only about 20 myton fans too but still a awful crowd. Probably expected a poor crowd the club as even the cheerleaders didn't bother turning up today and performing

#5 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

I've not seen the rest of the rounds attendance but I'm guessing they were all poor. I think even if it was a fiver in we wouldn't have got many more through the door.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#6 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Just 333 at Sheffield . Over 400 at us Whitehaven swinton Rochdale workington Batley . 700 Leigh and fevs matches . Barrow got 800

#7 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

If the club had publicised the £10 offer a bit more they might have hot a few more. It was decent value for £10.

#8 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:30 AM

484 @ Batley with about 20 Gateshead/Cas fan's ??????????????

#9 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

484 is still shocking. Ours of 404 is a complete embarrassment. Even many of the die hards didn't bother yesterday. It's not just us though with a poor challenge cup crowd. The whole knockout stages will have poor attendances until wembley itself.. Even saints Leeds at Huddersfield last year in the semi, they failed to open the main stand. It's a complete embarrassment to rugby league when you compare us to union

#10 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

Yes maybe but why compare us to RU?Last weeks SL attendance compared to top RU attendance. I am sire there are many lower league RU teams who are struggling for attendances.

#11 The Crab

The Crab
  • Coach
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

Talking of poor attendances.I can remember going to the pictures to see some Bruce Willis movie (all the same so cant remember the title) and there was only one other person in there,and he was there when I went in and still there when I left.

#12 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 638 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:00 AM

I don't think lowering the price gets many more through the gates. I mean people are willing to pay £30+ to go watch Leeds United play poorly at home. (I was one of them). And we (Batley) charged full price (£15) this week and IMO got about the same crowd we would have got had it been £10.

I know clubs are strapped for cash but they need to Market themselves better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users