- - - - -

Job Done , today

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

Thought we did ok, moved the ball about well at times, the midfield trio of Grimmer, Hellewell and Marchy took charge against somewhat limited opposition.Oldham created very little apart scoring off a kick early on and then off the last move of the match.Mapels looked hungry for work and Wilson went well, all in all a good day, the goalkicking still leaves a lot to be desired though.Lets hope we get a decent draw in the next round.

Posted Image

#2 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 440 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

I thought Windley brought a bit of a spark from dummy half. Starting off mapals try, in which it was a delight at the end of the move actually seeing a centre draw the full back and pass to his winger which is a rarity these days.
Wilson also looks a good prospect, looking like he could either do a good job at centre or 2nd row.
Still not sure with eatons obsession of having a winger play 2nd row. Maybe having another forward on the bench is a better option

#3 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 902 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

Yes it was a reasonable enough effort today - certainly head and shoulders over last week's efforts. Haughey had his game head on, our half-backs had their Oldham equivalents in their back pockets, and Wilson did OK in his first game. The try instigated by that Windley break was possibly the best Hunslet try of the season so far.

Whilst we're talking positionally, why on earth was Kain on the wing and Bush at full-back? Other way round surely, Mr E !!

I thought Oldham gave it a go without ever looking like they'd win - their full back (Lepori) and No 11 (Crowley) particularly caught my eye. Pity then, that one or two of them resorted to underhand tactics when the game had gone.

Looking through the scoresheets tonight, looks like no major shocks, though there were some close calls (and some annihilations!). I've a funny feeling where going to get a weird draw, like a trip to Gloucester or Hemel or Wrexham ... ;)

#4 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

I thought Windley brought a bit of a spark from dummy half. Starting off mapals try, in which it was a delight at the end of the move actually seeing a centre draw the full back and pass to his winger which is a rarity these days.
Wilson also looks a good prospect, looking like he could either do a good job at centre or 2nd row.
Still not sure with eatons obsession of having a winger play 2nd row. Maybe having another forward on the bench is a better option

bricky plays well in both the forwards and backs so can't see the problem, also means we've very well covered against injuries to most positions

#5 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

Name in the hat, all that matters!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#6 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 440 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

bricky plays well in both the forwards and backs so can't see the problem, also means we've very well covered against injuries to most positions

Brickwood is too lightweight to play in the forwards. This is nothing against the guy. I think he is both a good winger & can cover in the centre's. This is not just Brickwood but since featherstone away we have had Chisholm, pryce & , kain on the bench. Surely a forward is a better option to play in the forwards.
As for cover you would expect that the wingers & fullback to be able to play the full 80 minutes.
If a injury occurred in these positions then houghey, Oakes, clayton can cover in the centre's.
Having players in the team to play in the correct position is a better option than picking a team in the off chance of a injury occurring. Then playing players out of their natural position

#7 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 440 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

Did anyone notice Steve Morton as the water carrier?
Have we now resigned him?
I would of thought with a squad of over 30 players we would have enough players to do the duty of a water carrier.

#8 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

Steve ( flashing blade ) morton is the new club conditioner

#9 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

A big up to the 6-8 oldham fans who never stopped singing yesterday in the lower deck, fantastic fans who i see everytime we play them.Lets hope the Oldham club getback on their feet soon.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users