Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The CC draw

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Why doesn't the RFL have the draw on Look North BBC on Monday instead of the Radio so it gets more exposure and can be seen live. There no wonder people don't know about it until it gets to the quarter finals

Does anyone know what the format is this year regarding the TV are we getting the BBC and Sky showing matches?

#2 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,039 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

What time is the draw?
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#3 Bazzer

Bazzer
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Draw at 3-30 pm Tomorrow

#4 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

3.30 on 5 live

#5 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,516 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

The draw for the fourth round of Rugby League’s oldest and most prestigious competition, the Tetley’s Challenge Cup will be broadcast live on BBC Radio 5 Live on Monday April 8 from the home of holders Warrington Wolves at 3.30pm.

The draw sees the 14 Super League clubs enter the 2013 competition for the first time when they will join the winners of this weekend’s 18 third round ties.

The 36 clubs involved this weekend include Championship One newcomers Oxford, Hemel Stags and University of Gloucestershire All Golds and French sides Carcassonne and Toulouse Olympique.

Monday’s draw will be made by Rugby League Hall of Fame member Alex Murphy, whose exploits in the Challenge Cup with St Helens, Leigh and Warrington have been recognised by him being represented in a statue that will be unveiled at Wembley to celebrate the sport’s long and historic association with the national stadium.

Alex will be joined by Bruce Ray, Communications Director of Carlsberg UK, the parent company of title sponsors Tetley’s.

The draw will also be broadcast live on selected BBC local radio stations.

A Fev Blog

#6 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,199 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

It's a joke doing the draw at 3.30pm. A lot of people will not be able to tune in at this time, when will the RFL do something sensible and right for once??
Im Fev and im proud

#7 sharloRover

sharloRover
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

Does anyone know what the format is this year regarding the TV are we getting the BBC and Sky showing matches?

http://www.rugbyleagueontv.co.uk/

Round 4
Sat 20 Apr TBC Challenge Cup Round 4 Match TBC (1st Choice Pick) LIVE Kick Off 2:30pm BBC
19-21 Apr TBC Challenge Cup Round 4 Match TBC (2nd Choice Pick) LIVE Kick Off TBC SKY

Round 5
10-12 May TBC Challenge Cup Round 5 Match TBC (1st Choice Pick) LIVE Kick Off TBC BBC
10-12 May TBC Challenge Cup Round 5 Match TBC (2nd Choice Pick) LIVE Kick Off TBC SKY

Quarter Finals
Fri 12 July TBC Challenge Cup QF Match TBC (Optional 4th Choice Pick) LIVE Kick Off 8:00pm SKY
Sat 13 July TBC Challenge Cup QF Match TBC (1st Choice Pick) LIVE Kick Off TBC BBC
Sun 14 July TBC Challenge Cup QF Match TBC (3rd Choice Pick) LIVE Kick Off TBC BBC
Mon 15 July 7:30pm Challenge Cup QF Match TBC (2nd Choice Pick) LIVE Kick Off 7:45pm SKY

Edited by sharloRover, 07 April 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#8 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

You couldnt have the draw broadcast on look north or similar anyway as its a regional programme - theres a fair few still left in the draw not from our region

#9 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

I remember Granstand holding the CC cup draw just before Football Focus. It all seemed to go off ok until Bob Wilson chipped in with a comment that only a non RL fan could make at the time. ' Some moutwatering tirs there, especially the Hull KR v Doncaster one'.
KR won by a cricket score.

#10 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

Anyone will do as long as we get an home tie. But I've got a bad feeling were going to draw Toulouse away. Hope I'm wrong but that's the gut feeling I've got.

#11 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,516 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

Anyone will do as long as we get an home tie. But I've got a bad feeling were going to draw Toulouse away. Hope I'm wrong but that's the gut feeling I've got.

Impossible. Toulouse cannot play at home.

Shame, as that'd be a good trip.

A Fev Blog

#12 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Didn't know that mark. Is that because of their SL bid? As they are doing their stadium up or something? I don't want Toulouse away just for the simple reason we wouldn't make any money and if Toulouse beat us the RFL would be like get them in they've proved themselves etc. you know what the RFL are like.

#13 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

A home tie against a local SL team would be a nightmare

Half built ground, 1 side missing - we would be fighting for tickets no doubt resulting in lot of disappointed folk as it would be a really limited capacity

Edited by elppaxr2i, 08 April 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#14 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

Half built ground, 1 side missing - we would be fighting for tickets no doubt resulting in lot of disappointed folk as it would be a really limited capacity

Very good point. We would lose hell of a lot of income too. Maybe if we do get drawn against a local SL team we should ask to play it at their place maybe? We can't win the CC so a good pay day away is better than a mediocre pay day at home. But now I've said that we will win it you watch 😄😄😄.

#15 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

This would be where the season ticket becomes more valuable

#16 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,815 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Yes they can.  We played at Catalans last year. B)

Toulouse are only guaranteed an away draw in Round 3.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#17 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,815 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

I don't want Toulouse away just for the simple reason we wouldn't make any money ........

It's not the usual gate share when you play the French.  You'd be fine.

#18 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,815 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

Possible Thatcher tribute programmes may replace the broadcasting of the Cup draw.

#19 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 725 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Possible Thatcher tribute programmes may replace the broadcasting of the Cup draw.

shel not be getting many tributes round here

#20 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 725 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

shel not be getting many tributes round here

Bronchos away , ###### draw for us