Get the League Express Yearbook 2013/14, The Forbidden Game, All Blacks to All Golds and many more great Rugby League books at knock down prices in our Easter Sale on now at www.totalrl.com/shop but hurry, all offers end Sunday 27th April.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The CC draw

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

We couldn't wish for a worse draw. They'll win in front of no one.

#22 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

Lets not turn up and give them the game it will cost us more than we will get for playing them unless the TV think its a decent tie which I doubt. But let them have the win by default I'm sure we could.The only way we would make money is if we beat them which I think we could but I don't want a good cup run this year lets get out of it ASAP give them the game without playing it that would suit both teams IMO.London would of made more money playing it at our place.

Edited by thundergaz, 08 April 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#23 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

Bronchos away , ###### draw for us

You can't win em all. Or any of em if you're Cas. :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#24 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

They should play at our place get a better crowd Anyway when will they announce where it is to be played and on what day ?

#25 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

They should play at our place get a better crowd Anyway when will they announce where it is to be played and on what day ?

I bet there's 500 their at most and 300 of them will be cappers. I would of preferred to play a French team away at least it would of been a good day out too.

#26 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 4,986 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Lets not turn up and give them the game it will cost us more than we will get for playing them unless the TV think its a decent tie which I doubt. But let them have the win by default I'm sure we could.The only way we would make money is if we beat them which I think we could but I don't want a good cup run this year lets get out of it ASAP give them the game without playing it that would suit both teams IMO.London would of made more money playing it at our place.

Gaz, I cannot believe you have just posted this, are you wired up right lad today???
Im Fev and im proud

#27 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

Gaz, I cannot believe you have just posted this, are you wired up right lad today???

I cant believe half the posts he puts on here.

#28 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

Bronchos away , ###### draw for us

2000 gate, max. They always achieve the magical figure of 1,800

#29 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Mo its a stinker of a tie. The CC as been dead for years now ever since SL came onto the scene. We won't make any money from this tie and maybe pick up big injuries to key players its a game I feel we don't need and personally I would send the kids and keep our guys wrapped up in cotton wool.

#30 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

we are forgetting that this is a winnable game for Featherstone. Come on Rovers we are in it to win it not just to make up the numbers.

#31 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

we are forgetting that this is a winnable game for Featherstone. Come on Rovers we are in it to win it not just to make up the numbers.

Agreed you play to win if we go down day before and things go your way on the day who knows what the score will be

#32 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

If we play to our potential, it is certainly a game which we can win. Problem with that is the fact that IF we DO win and get drawn at home next round, will we have to play this away, bearing in mind the reduction in spectator space.

#33 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Just been on the London Broncos web-site and it says the date,time and venue should be announced within the next 48 hours.

#34 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Just been on the London Broncos web-site and it says the date,time and venue should be announced within the next 48 hours.

This is a game I won't be attending. I just hope the guys come back with no injuries. Don't care about the score to be honest as I want us out of this cup as soon as possible as it cost us last season. Just hope its not on TV because it will make us look bad with no one being their.

Edited by thundergaz, 08 April 2013 - 03:42 PM.

#35 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 4,986 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

This is a game I won't be attending. I just hope the guys come back with no injuries. Don't care about the score to be honest as I want us out of this cup as soon as possible as it cost us last season. Just hope its not on TV because it will make us look bad with no one being their.

You carnt even watch Wakefield in this round either can you, that's unless Hemel conceded the home tie :-)))))
Im Fev and im proud

#36 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

You carnt even watch Wakefield in this round either can you, that's unless Hemel conceded the home tie :-)))))

😄😄😄 true mo. won't be attending that one either. Just be watching the TV games 😉.

#37 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

2000 gate, max. They always achieve the magical figure of 1,800

They haven't so far this season insurer duper leagur
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#38 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Rovers have a better away record than at home in the last few seasons. They are capable of winning if they hit top form. But which Rovers will turn up?

#39 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

To be fair no champ club should be beating a SL club on their own patch ( London don't actually fit that bracket at the minute as we could be playing on a farm for all we know 😄😄😄) The salary caps see to that I reckon. I'm confident we would beat any of the bottom half of SL at home but away is a different matter. We have got a chance but with our away form at present I don't think we have much of a chance if I'm being honest. On the day it just depends which Fev turn up if the Fev that beat c@s last season turn up we will win if the Fev that played York turn up I fear the worst.

#40 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 4,986 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

To be fair no champ club should be beating a SL club on their own patch ( London don't actually fit that bracket at the minute as we could be playing on a farm for all we know ) The salary caps see to that I reckon. I'm confident we would beat any of the bottom half of SL at home but away is a different matter. We have got a chance but with our away form at present I don't think we have much of a chance if I'm being honest. On the day it just depends which Fev turn up if the Fev that beat c@s last season turn up we will win if the Fev that played York turn up I fear the worst.

Gaz, I bet your life and soul at any party :-))) but come on show some faith in the lads. Believe is the keyword here.
Im Fev and im proud

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users