Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Challenge cup draw.

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

might come along for the derby as a neutral be nice to watch without being partizan ;-)

Edited by morty, 08 April 2013 - 03:39 PM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#42 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

how can you not want this game. great atmosphere,fiercely competetive, good chance of making the last 16 and should be a cracker.......at least for the 1st 20mins whilst haven bother to make a game of it.

Exacctly wonky, let's all get through there in numbers, and get behind the lads. (we get half the gate you know :rolleyes: )

#43 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

nearly got saints or HKR would have been much better.

would we get much more money out of hull kr game? doubt it. and we have a good chance of progressing.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#44 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Get our SL team next up then !!

#45 townpower

townpower
  • Players
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Exacctly wonky, let's all get through there in numbers, and get behind the lads. (we get half the gate you know :rolleyes: )

Thing is we get half the gate that the JAM say is there.

#46 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Attached File  bingo.bmp   24.8KB   8 downloads

so we got a bye then

Edited by homeandawayer, 08 April 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#47 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Will you all be drinking 7up? lol.

IMO yes Spanish knight. it won't be an easy game or much in it. we will leave the talk of an easy win to the haven fans. with matty and callum playing behind our pack we have nothing to fear.

#48 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

so we got a bye then

a joke for Donald on first hearing the draw.in reality as i say tough game and not a lot in it.

#49 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

matty,callum and olstrum on the pitch at the same time is frightening for any team. thacks looked hungry again on sunday and him and acton will punch holes in any defence.

#50 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

so we got a bye then

:D

#51 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

Yeh we're getting some very good and influential players in the middle of the field aren't we . When Connor completes his shift there we'll have most bases covered .And you can rotate to give that threat for 80 .

#52 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

matty,callum and olstrum on the pitch at the same time is frightening for any team. thacks looked hungry again on sunday and him and acton will punch holes in any defence.

What about Garrad wonky !! he was superhuman yesterday, they didn't know what to do with him. :)

#53 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

a joke for Donald on first hearing the draw.in reality as i say tough game and not a lot in it.

to be honest marra its the week before we both start a run of winnable league matches so i wouldn,t be surprised if both teams dont rest players for the cup match

#54 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

What about Garrad wonky !! he was superhuman yesterday, they didn't know what to do with him. :)

stack has been our best player this year imo. and he was outstanding again yesterday. i was meaning more about our creative players.i was jyst pointing out that thacks was back to his old ways yesterdau.

#55 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

to be honest marra its the week before we both start a run of winnable league matches so i wouldn,t be surprised if both teams dont rest players for the cup match

could only see players not quite 100% being rested. yeah the league is priority but if fit i would like to see us field a full strength team as it is derby

#56 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

Is this the first meeting between the 2 clubs in the Challenge Cup?

#57 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

Is this the first meeting between the 2 clubs in the Challenge Cup?

No, we have met once before on 8th February 1968 at Workington when Town won 5 - 2 in a 1st Round match.   We unfortunately lost in the 2nd Round at home to Castleford, 2 - 7.

One strange thing about Cup Draws is that even in the smaller Lancashire Cup draws the two clubs were never drawn against each other!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#58 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

No, we have met once before on 8th February 1968 at Workington when Town won 5 - 2 in a 1st Round match.   We unfortunately lost in the 2nd Round at home to Castleford, 2 - 7.

One strange thing about Cup Draws is that even in the smaller Lancashire Cup draws the two clubs were never drawn against each other!!!!

I remember that game well Keith, it was played midweek with an afternoon kick off and it was a mudbath, we were all bused down from school to watch it, the original game must have been called off due to the weather.

I remember the Cass game as well, they had tonnes of hay on the pitch to protect it from the frost, half of it was still on the pitch when it went ahead..........Happy days :D

#59 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Great draw for you guys and hopefully a decent money spinner before you get one of the big boys in the next round. It couldn't have been any worse for us I reckon we've got the worst draw possible 😔.

#60 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

Make sure you know where your playing Gaz , their all over the place ! You can do them though.

Edited by DavidM, 08 April 2013 - 07:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users