Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Challenge cup draw.

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#61 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Make sure you know where your playing Gaz , their all over the place ! You can do them though.

I know we can do em David we have got a very good chance of doing them I reckon. But will the powers at red hall let us beat them? I doubt it the ref will be told before hand I'm sure. They don't want egg on their faces at red hall and it would be even worse if we beat them on their own patch too. ( that's if they have a so called home patch 😄😄😄).

#62 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

They announce the crowd changes to the team down there . Gee they're struggling .

#63 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

They announce the crowd changes to the team down there . Gee they're struggling .

To be fair David I think quite a few SL clubs are in a lot of trouble its just the bulls and Salford are the first of many IMO to play their cards first. The longer c@s .london etc keep believing their fine the more chance they have of going out of exsistence I reckon. At least the bulls and Salford knew when to call the financial police in.

#64 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Taken off

Edited by anok4u, 09 April 2013 - 05:18 PM.

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

#65 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

I know we can do em David we have got a very good chance of doing them I reckon. But will the powers at red hall let us beat them? I doubt it the ref will be told before hand I'm sure. They don't want egg on their faces at red hall and it would be even worse if we beat them on their own patch too. ( that's if they have a so called home patch ).

Are you suggesting there is a RL conspiracy to influence the results of matches? That the RFL dictate to referees  how they should referee and what result that they want?

Edited by distantdog, 09 April 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#66 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

To be fair David I think quite a few SL clubs are in a lot of trouble its just the bulls and Salford are the first of many IMO to play their cards first. The longer c@s .london etc keep believing their fine the more chance they have of going out of exsistence I reckon. At least the bulls and Salford knew when to call the financial police in.

They let you beat Cas last season, you do talk a load of tripe at times Gaz.

#67 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

They let you beat Cas last season, you do talk a load of tripe at times Gaz.

C@s are not their holy grail be all and end all sun shines out of the arses of London though are they?

#68 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

Are you suggesting there is a RL conspiracy to influence the results of matches? That the RFL dictate to referees how they should referee and what result that they want?

I'm not suggesting anything Distant mate but we all know the RFL love London and will bend over backwards for them as they will never kick London out of SL even though they shouldn't be In it in the first place.

#69 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

The Challenge Cup is becoming a dead duck as SL fans won't support games now against lower league clubs as they used to. Lower league clubs live in hopes of pulling a big crowd but again people know that this is a competition with very few shock results and don't bother to attend.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#70 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

Whatever you think of the NRC , that's a more realistic option for our leagues clubs .

#71 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

The Challenge Cup is becoming a dead duck as SL fans won't support games now against lower league clubs as they used to. Lower league clubs live in hopes of pulling a big crowd but again people know that this is a competition with very few shock results and don't bother to attend.

Not a patch on the FA cup Keith. If reds ever make it to the 2nd or 3rd round again and got Carlisle I bet that would make it onto TV

#72 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

Not a patch on the FA cup Keith. If reds ever make it to the 2nd or 3rd round again and got Carlisle I bet that would make it onto TV

I will take that bet Rockerlad as there is even less interest in Cumbrian Football in the greater scheme of the game than there is in RL!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#73 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Ok. But i can't see the reds getting to the FA cup 1st round any time soon. More chance of playing barra!

#74 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Harrogate town v Harrogate rail way made it onto TV a few season back

#75 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Harrogate town v Harrogate rail way made it onto TV a few season back

Yep I am still confident!
Firstly that the reds will struggle to get anywhere near the 3rd round and secondly that the TV people would consider it a tie worth airing.
At least we have the tag of being a "hotbed" of talent and a heartland of the game, which along with the fierce rivalry gave us a slim chance they would consider it.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#76 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

I never said 3rd round I said 1st which is when the football league teams join.

#77 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

I meant to say 1st which is when the football league teams join.

#78 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

I never said 3rd round I said 1st which is when the football league teams join.

Ha ha nevermind marra.

#79 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

If you look above I corrected myself ;0)

#80 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

Tetley's Challenge Cup round 4 Game V Workington Town Will Kick off at 3pm On Sunday 21st April 2013.

Admission Prices

Adult: £15

Concessions: £10

Children: £5

Was a debate whether Sat Night would have been a better option, anyone here thinking along same lines.

HW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users