Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Challenge cup draw.

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#81 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 582 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

It says on Facebook that haven door staff are having a meeting as they don't want some town fans to be allowed in.
Now I have never seen any trouble at any town haven games I have been to, so if this is true I can't understand why

#82 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,328 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

The ones who have the temerity to sing and make noise when we're winning ...????

#83 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

a pound dearer than Town !!!!!! must be higher quality rugby ?

#84 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 582 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

It's been £15 all season

#85 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

It says on Facebook that haven door staff are having a meeting as they don't want some town fans to be allowed in.
Now I have never seen any trouble at any town haven games I have been to, so if this is true I can't understand why

If they try and turn our lad's away just because they make a bit of noise, then the rest of us (the more reserved ones) should tell them where to stick there £15 and head back to civilisation on the first bus out. :angry:

#86 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 809 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

Tetley's Challenge Cup round 4 Game V Workington Town Will Kick off at 3pm On Sunday 21st April 2013.

Admission Prices

Adult: £15

Concessions: £10

Children: £5

Was a debate whether Sat Night would have been a better option, anyone here thinking along same lines.

HW

I, sat night would have been better, Ant and Dec have finished now, could have done with a good laugh !!!!

#87 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

If thats true it's nothing short of pathetic. But TBH I can't see it being true, you can't not let lads in because they sing.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#88 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

When you talk about wanting the game on Saturday evening you are talking about what current fans would like but to get people to come who don't normally attend then you have to go for Sunday afternoon.     Many people would not give up their Saturday night entertainment to attend a rugby match whereas on Sunday afternoon, other than watching fussyball on the telly, there isn't much to do.

The £15 entrance fee at Town is for the grandstand but for the ground it is £14 and at the start of the season there was a post on the Haven forum saying that it was £15 entrance fee and for that you could go anywhere in the ground.    It then said "we don't charge an extra pound to sit in the stand"!!!!!!   They hadn't worked it out that it costs an extra pound to stand on the terraces!!!!!!!

I will attend the cup match but I don't think I will even try to get to the league match on maritime festival weekend.    I don't fancy park and ride from Lillyhall.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#89 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

been no trouble at haven v town games for years so cant see why a meeting is needed

#90 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 582 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Just what I was told Shaun. I hope it's just a bull ###### rumour

#91 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Can't believe there are no trains to Whitehaven until after 3pm !! Number 30 bus it is then. !!

#92 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Can't believe there are no trains to Whitehaven until after 3pm !! Number 30 bus it is then. !!

allerdale taxis a lot cheaper than copeland we have had them before 4/5 in one only a couple of quid each

#93 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 582 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

I correct Shaun I can get from workington to Whitehaven for £13 it cost me £20 the other way.

#94 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

allerdale taxis a lot cheaper than copeland we have had them before 4/5 in one only a couple of quid each

That sound even better......you lot can then sing "came in a taxi...you must have came in a taxi"

#95 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

That sound even better......you lot can then sing "came in a taxi...you must have came in a taxi"

lol

#96 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

At the end of the day there is always the verbal banter and sometimes a bit vile but the only physical stuff that takes place is by 34 fellas on that field!!
Would have liked a Saturday encounter too but with speedway too i suppose that's a few wanting to go there too

Up the town always and the keyboard warriorism that's goes with it but Christ its rugby league at the end of the day lets not forget it no petty squabble please

#97 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

Tetley's Challenge Cup round 4 Game V Workington Town Will Kick off at 3pm On Sunday 21st April 2013.

Admission Prices

Adult: £15

Concessions: £10

Children: £5

Was a debate whether Sat Night would have been a better option, anyone here thinking along same lines.

HW

£15 !!! eh? i would have prefered Saturday night.

Edited by town4me, 11 April 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#98 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Why play on a Saturday? When do we ever play on Saturdays? Don't really get that argument.

#99 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

yeah rugby league is a sunday afternoon religion for us, keep it that way.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#100 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

Why play on a Saturday? When do we ever play on Saturdays? Don't really get that argument.

It was some of the deluded ones ideas so they could go out on the pish without having to worry about getting up for work the next day

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users