Are you crazy?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 iangidds

iangidds
  • Coach
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

Just watched an entertaining game of Rl , when at the last play Warrington put it through 12 pairs of hands from one side of the pitch to another and back again!
What a try it was , great pace, skill, vision, etc etc etc; what do the commentators say , oh that does not matter! What !!! What game on this planet would simply brush over a try of the season contender? RU would be showing that when we are dead and our children too!
Come on , that was gold, tv , marketing gold! Not just a meaningless try

#2 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,671 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

I thought the attempt to defend it by Leeds was absolutely sensational and will live long in the memory.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#3 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

Just watched an entertaining game of Rl , when at the last play Warrington put it through 12 pairs of hands from one side of the pitch to another and back again!
What a try it was , great pace, skill, vision, etc etc etc; what do the commentators say , oh that does not matter! What !!! What game on this planet would simply brush over a try of the season contender? RU would be showing that when we are dead and our children too!

Spot on!

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

Haha! Great enthusiasm... have you slept at all since?! ;)

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

See the game thread for my issues with the match presentation last night :biggrin:

Examples were:

Stevo passionately appealling for a knock on for Wire's 2nd try despite there being none.

Stevo appealing for an offside when Leeds passing to Waterhouse near the Wire line when he had seen no evidence. When the evidence suggested he was wrong he refused to change his mind.

Atkins makes a 50m break before getting tackled. No focus whatsoever on the attack from Stevo - he raved about the outstanding defence which had allowed the 50m gain.

There was a very strange theme running through last nights coverage.

I usually have little issue with Sky and was in fact defending their coverage on here last week - but something dodgy was underlying last night.

#6 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,738 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

Well they back the winning horse don't they?
Posted Image

#7 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

See the game thread for my issues with the match presentation last night :D

Examples were:

Stevo passionately appealling for a knock on for Wire's 2nd try despite there being none.

Stevo appealing for an offside when Leeds passing to Waterhouse near the Wire line when he had seen no evidence. When the evidence suggested he was wrong he refused to change his mind.

Atkins makes a 50m break before getting tackled. No focus whatsoever on the attack from Stevo - he raved about the outstanding defence which had allowed the 50m gain.

There was a very strange theme running through last nights coverage.

I usually have little issue with Sky and was in fact defending their coverage on here last week - but something dodgy was underlying last night.

Bill McLaren never saw a forward pass or a knock on in his life. He always bigged RU up no matter how poor the actual match was. I'm not saying Stevo should be that biased but he needs to get away from continually trying to find a reason not to award a try.

rldfsignature.jpg

#8 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

Bill McLaren never saw a forward pass or a knock on in his life. He always bigged RU up no matter how poor the actual match was. I'm not saying Stevo should be that biased but he needs to get away from continually trying to find a reason not to award a try.

Sky often get stick for bigging up games too much, but they do seem to have gone slightly negative in their coverage - maybe it's hanging round with too many of the journos!

Last night it was as though they were pee'd off with Warrington not playing champagne rugby - their commentary was quite angry towards us and they seemed to find it difficult to give any credit at all. I actually thought this had a real impact on the overall game from a TV point of view. Casual viewers listening to that would have thought it was a poor game with no chance of a turnaround in scores, despite the fact that after 60 minutes Leeds were dropping off tackles and there was a 14 minute spell where it was an eight point game.

They are sounding jaded. I wonder if Easter is catching up with the Sky team more than the SL Teams?!?!

#9 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

They are sounding jaded. I wonder if Easter is catching up with the Sky team more than the SL Teams?!?!

The Easter period where they watched Leeds, Leeds, Leeds y'mean?! ;)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#10 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

O'Connor started every sentence with 'the good thing about Leeds...'

It's just a good job Carney wasn't there as he oils have been awful to listen to.

It also seems now that players are not allowed to tackle Burrow without conceding a penalty.

#11 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

The Easter period where they watched Leeds, Leeds, Leeds y'mean?! ;)

-_-  I'm saying nothing.

#12 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,671 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

When the South Stand started on 'Yorkshire, Yorkshire', Stevo sounded like he was ready to join in.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#13 iangidds

iangidds
  • Coach
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

Haha! Great enthusiasm... have you slept at all since?! ;)

Sometimes the passion runs over me too much, its the game i love been ruined and sold short that has destroyed my passion for the game, sometimes though it rears its ugly head again.
We focus on the negative with horrendous commentators , my toes curl every time that idiot mentions the chip over top, when skill like that is produced they say nothing meaningful at all!
Pathetic commentary from the useless pair of idiots as usual, anyway nothing we will happen as usual, this is what we have which is better than no coverage!

#14 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

Sometimes the passion runs over me too much, its the game i love been ruined and sold short that has destroyed my passion for the game, sometimes though it rears its ugly head again.
We focus on the negative with horrendous commentators , my toes curl every time that idiot mentions the chip over top, when skill like that is produced they say nothing meaningful at all!
Pathetic commentary from the useless pair of idiots as usual, anyway nothing we will happen as usual, this is what we have which is better than no coverage!

You may work nights and caught up in the morning, but I'd like to think in the 10 hours or so between final whistle and posting this thread you were as giddy as a kid at Christmas!

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#15 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

I thought the attempt to defend it by Leeds was absolutely sensational and will live long in the memory.

Lol.....just spotted this

#16 WolvesFanInTheUSA

WolvesFanInTheUSA
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

I know, let's make a game of it.  Everytime we hear a silly comment, we drink a shot of our favorite booze.

Only problem is we'd all be crawling for the sin bin after 15 minutes.....

Edited by WolvesFanInTheUSA, 08 April 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#17 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

Phil Clarke on Saturday said something worse....

Cas were 4score s down and he said "if it wasn't for the breakaway try Cas would be in this game" They would have been in it if Giants hadn't scored.

#18 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,738 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

Phil Clarke on Saturday said something worse....

Cas were 4score s down and he said "if it wasn't for the breakaway try Cas would be in this game" They would have been in it if Giants hadn't scored.

Which is why I enjoyed Carney's response of "if Castleford had more points, they'd be winning" or something of that ilk.
Posted Image

#19 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Lol.....just spotted this

I had a little chuckle at that one too.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users