TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Favourite films

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Lawrence of Arabia is epic enough on a regular-size TV screen - I wish I'd seen it in the cinema when it came out.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#42 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

This might be controversial, or maybe not, but I actually enjoy the first half of the film (with the young actors playing the parts) a little more than the second. Some of those kids were really good!

I know what you mean, some of those young actors were great and so was the story of them all growing up. I only stumbled on this film by accident one night comming home from a night out, I think it was on channel 4 at about 2 o'clock in the morning and couldn't knock it off.

#43 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Always loved marlon Brando stealing the show at the end of apocalypse now and Dennis hoppers crazy role as a manic spaced out photographer. "the horror.....the horror."

Edited by walter sobchak, 09 April 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#44 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,404 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Godfather I  II & III

Cabaret

In the Heat of the Night

African Queen

Trading Places

This Sporting Life - if only to see Belle Vue in its pomp, Thrum Hall & Wakefield Mecca again

Far from the Madding Crowd

A Few Good Men

Battle of the River Plate

Frenzy  not Hitchcock's greatest - but it has a bit of humour that I like.

Day of the Jackal

Edited by Trojan, 09 April 2013 - 07:59 PM.

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#45 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

Big lebowski
Blade runner
Last samurai
Memento
The game
Inception
Moon
Heat
Eraserhead
Ong bak
Star wars
District 9
Usual suspects

Many more...
"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users