• This topic is locked This topic is locked
324 replies to this topic

#321 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

Because the event has been previewed day after day minute detail by the media

Previewed?  The only information given was the route taken by the courtege, the order of service and some names of those attending/taking part.  You didn't watch the funeral so you have no idea what the funeral was like.

It was beautiful and extremely dignified, as were all but a mere dozen at most of the crowds lining the streets.  There were thousands in the crowds by the way. 

#322 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,222 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

My analogy was nothing to do with anyone's ethos.

It was about laying the blame where it doesn't belong.

Which, come to think of it, should be an ethos that no one should want to follow.

Good to see that you managed to avoid the funeral but, like Saintslass, I'm slightly surprised that you therefore know what it was like.

Day after day the preparations, the nature if the funeral have been broadcast repeatedly in fine detail
Did something go wrong? We're the arrangements changed?
There is an argument not one I would necessarily agree with that the person is a victim of Thatcher's legacy, the ethos she created.

The things that happened at mid staffs go fundamentally against Attlee's legacy and the ethos that he and others created.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#323 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,678 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

Good to see that you managed to avoid the funeral but, like Saintslass, I'm slightly surprised that you therefore know what it was like.

I didn't see it either, but I would anticipate that it went exactly as the Tory Party programmed it. It seems that it commissioned  4000 police / secret service personnel to pick up and detain anticipated troublemakers in advance of its showpiece extravaganza.

http://www.standard....al-8573414.html

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#324 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,222 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

Previewed? The only information given was the route taken by the courtege, the order of service and some names of those attending/taking part. You didn't watch the funeral so you have no idea what the funeral was like.

It was beautiful and extremely dignified, as were all but a mere dozen at most of the crowds lining the streets. There were thousands in the crowds by the way.

No it wasn't
The guests
The role of the military
The role of the clergy
The nature of the event
We're all described and discussed in the electronic and print media for days

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#325 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,748 posts