Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Challenge cup draw

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

Fax away....... ho hum (no disrespect to fax)

Haven v town as well

Edited by morty, 08 April 2013 - 02:43 PM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#2 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Maybe London Broncos should move their game to Fev. so that they get a bigger crowd... ;-)

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#3 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

Why is it a bad draw for you then ?. You share the gates don't yoh an fax will certainly have more down here than you would have had up there.

#4 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

by the time fax take out there expenses there is very little left :huh:

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#5 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Why is it a bad draw for you then ?. You share the gates don't yoh an fax will certainly have more down here than you would have had up there.

easy mate....we will next to zip out of this game financially and to be honest the way we are playing we will struggle big time to get anything out of the game on the pitch

Lee Morton

#6 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

Dont know why we are complaining, we were lucky to be in the draw anyway...

#7 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

And no-one gave us a chance against Cas, but we turned up on the day and the rest as they say "is history"

#8 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

And no-one gave us a chance against Cas, but we turned up on the day and the rest as they say "is history"

to be fair, i think if the barrow side who beat cas were to play the barrow side of today it would be horrific.

i actually went to cas with a beer fuelled optomism.

theres no ammount of ale that would make me think we can win at fax with this seasons side

#9 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

The team then was far far better

#10 Flying whinger

Flying whinger
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

The team then was far far better

If the team that turned up for the first 20 minutes at Leigh can turn up for the full 80 at Fax...........................

Then, just maybe then, we might have a chance!!

#11 FOB

FOB
  • Coach
  • 712 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

I've always wanted to watch a West Cumbrian Derby this might be my chance i don't fancy doing two trips over to Halifax within two weeks of each other. 

It's great supporting the Giant killers.

#12 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

I've always wanted to watch a West Cumbrian Derby this might be my chance i don't fancy doing two trips over to Halifax within two weeks of each other. 

I might go as well as im up at the girlfriends at Haven that weekend so cant get across to Fax anyway

Lee Morton

#13 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

The team then
was far far better

yes i know that team was far better, but that team was playing a super league side not a team in the same division, you just never know on the day.

#14 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

the were also over paid and breaching the salary cap, hence the team you has then!!.

#15 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

Ow that hurt
Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#16 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

the were also over paid and breaching the salary cap, hence the team you has then!!.

I wouldn't change it,great to watch!

#17 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

doubt we the only ones

#18 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

doubt we the only ones

aye im sure there has been and will be plenty of skulduggery going on...we just got caught that's the difference :rolleyes:

Lee Morton

#19 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

isnt whats going on with duel reg just a legalized breach of salary cap. most teams in our division playin SL players on 600 gates. its a laughing stock.how could they pay their wages? we got caught doing what most teams are doing this year and when they come to next season they will probably scrap it. just hope we are stilll in this league to see new rule changes for next season.

#20 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

price you pay for success.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users