Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Giants at home

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

So we have them again!!!!!!!!!!!

Rams at Don Valley

#2 allaboutbatley

allaboutbatley
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

Hopefully we will get a decent crowd and glad its at home. You never know we might cause an upset (long shot I know). The last few seasons we have come close against SL opponents.

AAB_Small_500x67.jpg

#3 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

Easy win for the Giants

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Easy win for the Giants

An easier one for Sheffield lol

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#5 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

An easier one for Sheffield lol

Rams are in with a chance whereas you puppies will get battered.

#6 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

Pointless post Eddie. We may well do but at least it will be to a decent SL side, and we'll make some money out of the day. Rams are likely to lose and not make a bean. That gives me little joy personally but if I'm responding factually its certainly the case.

And we pushed the Giants very close 2 years ago. We might do the same again this time round it things go our way.

#7 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Highly debatable, in your current form.

#8 NEW DOG

NEW DOG
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

100% agree Nick. Rombo's rants are usually pointless but his one is the most worthless. We may very well lose to a SL team but isn't that to be expected. The question is will Sheffield get another ton!!!!!?????

#9 mountieman21

mountieman21
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

#10 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

Easy win for the Giants

I think 24 start for you at Sheffield and they could rest 4 or 5 still get a win

#11 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Easy win for the Giants

Yes, just like last time they came to the Mount two years ago when they needed a dubious sending-off to squeak through. And we are a better side now than then.

You certainly know your rugby, Eddie. Good luck against Sheffield, eh?

#12 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

Easy win for the Giants

I know dews and the dogs don't get on but you should get behind a champ club when they are playing a SL team. I hope every champ club beats a SL club they have been drawn against. I also hope you guys beat the eagles just because you are underdogs too. That's what the CC is all about IMO.

#13 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

Yes, just like last time they came to the Mount two years ago when they needed a dubious sending-off to squeak through. And we are a better side now than then.

You certainly know your rugby, Eddie. Good luck against Sheffield, eh?

Giants are a better side than 2 years ago as well. 

#14 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

I know dews and the dogs don't get on but you should get behind a champ club when they are playing a SL team. I hope every champ club beats a SL club they have been drawn against. I also hope you guys beat the eagles just because you are underdogs too. That's what the CC is all about IMO.

The irony here is unbelievable. You don't even want your own (Championship) club to beat the SL club they are playing!

#15 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

Giants are a better side than 2 years ago as well.

Were you there twoyears ago Eddie? Or wer you even at the recent rams v dogs? Come up wen we play the giants and you can judge for yourself how good or bad we are! Kelsey the bulldog will be there so why dont you come too it would make a change for you to watch a decent team play some good rugby for a change as you dont want to leave it too late as you could die of old age before the shams get their act together ;)

#16 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

The irony here is unbelievable. You don't even want your own (Championship) club to beat the SL club they are playing!

That's because the CC ruined our season last season that's all. I love getting one over on the elite but I also don't want us to suffer like we did last season from a good cup run. It's swings and roundabouts distant but I do want all champ clubs to win a SL club.

#17 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

He's got you there Gaz ;)

#18 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

That's because the CC ruined our season last season that's all. I love getting one over on the elite but I also don't want us to suffer like we did last season from a good cup run. It's swings and roundabouts distant but I do want all champ clubs to win a SL club.

Will that include us when fev are a superdooper league club too?

#19 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Will that include us when fev are a superdooper league club too?

Its if and a big if not when piggy mate. But of course not but against any other SL club then yes you would have my full backingšŸ˜‰.

Edited by thundergaz, 08 April 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#20 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

Were you there twoyears ago Eddie? Or wer you even at the recent rams v dogs? Come up wen we play the giants and you can judge for yourself how good or bad we are! Kelsey the bulldog will be there so why dont you come too it would make a change for you to watch a decent team play some good rugby for a change as you dont want to leave it too late as you could die of old age before the shams get their act together ;)

I'd rather watch Rugby Union than come watch a Batley game. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users