RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Doncaster V Fev.Thurs 11th April.7.30pm K.O.

Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Match Prediction (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Win, Lose or Draw

1. Doncaster To Win (3 votes [12.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

2. Voted Featherstone To Win (21 votes [84.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.00%

3. Draw (1 votes [4.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

It might just be me but Rovers seem to concede far too many penalties at the tackle / ruck area.

Against Dons we lost lots of yards, much of the time wben we were deep in their half, due to indiscipline and to some of the best touch kicking I've seen in a long time by Paul Cook.

No, it's not always a pedantic ref, before anyone says it.

If it's a definite strategy to slow down the PTB, it obviously doesn't work very well and against better opposition we'll pay for it in league points lost.

I agree andy and we play the rules to the edge. If you do that you have to be on it all the time or as we've seen we will get penalised which we seem to do more often than not. As for the refs they all penalise us obviously some more than others but I don't think its the refs (maybe hewer as he's a very poor ref) but they all can't be wrong. Also our defence out wide is shocking to say the least we concede more points out their than anywhere else.We need a centre big time and possibly another winger. Out wide is where we are very weak IMO and the better teams in our league will take advantage of that big time.

Edited by thundergaz, 13 April 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#22 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

It might just be me but Rovers seem to concede far too many penalties at the tackle / ruck area.

Against Dons we lost lots of yards, much of the time wben we were deep in their half, due to indiscipline and to some of the best touch kicking I've seen in a long time by Paul Cook.

No, it's not always a pedantic ref, before anyone says it.

If it's a definite strategy to slow down the PTB, it obviously doesn't work very well and against better opposition we'll pay for it in league points lost.

Agreed, and we have been like this for the last few seasons. Playing the rules to the limit is fine in this regards, but if we're constantly being penalised then we need to cut it out so we are at the right side of a fine line. Not rocket science really is it?

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Match Thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users