Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Keighley 8th may at home

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

With the rearranged match being a midweek game now, wouldn't it be an ideal opportunity for the club to make the match bring a friend for free with your season ticket to try boost the crowd?? If each of our 460 season ticket holders brought a mate it would take the crowd over 900.. Rather than a poor 6 700 crowd which we'd get if we just leave it as it is. Just an opinion. What's everyone else think? Doubt it would lose the club much money if any doing this and if we announce its bring a friend for free ASAP it gives people time to work on new fans to give us a try... We could make money back behind the bar. The lads and Glenn would much rather play Infront of a crowd than an empty stadium.

#2 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

I think it's a good date to move to im guessing Sunday's are out , at least this way we will have light nights and hopefully it will be warm(ish).
Not sure about bringing a friend for free I think we need some better performances to bring fans in. It's very difficult to bring back those stay away fans.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#3 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Not good for me. I always get a season ticket, but I shall have to consider this next season. Due to work I won't be able to attend this game and I have had problems getting to a couple of this season's home games due to 6pm kick-offs. I also believe Doncaster at home is on a Thursday?   I know there  are reasons for this and it isn't necessarily the club's fault, but  the traditional  sunday  afternoon 3pm  (or 3.30pm in the old days)  is for me. Call me old fashioned if you wish, but  6pm or Thursdays are just  not natural.

#4 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

I prefer Sundays afternoons too. Not sure the reason we avent picked a Sunday game to replay it, thought they was afew blank weekends, must be due to the challenge cup and northern rail cup been on them weekends

#5 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

Given the choice I would like Sunday but Im guessing they are all out for one reason or another. I don't mind the odd midweek game once or twice a season as long as it's in summer.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

#6 The Crab

The Crab
  • Coach
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

Can someone clarify who decides the time and date for the game to be rescheduled?

How much of a say do the club have (if any).

#7 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 852 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

I would think that it would be down to us and Keighley to sort out a date.

[

#8 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

Who is it that keeps choosing these ridiculous dates and times?

Did they think to themselves 'I wonder how I can ensure no kids, or families come to the Keighley game... Oh, lets have it on a school night at 7.30pm'

Unbelievable.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#9 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,430 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

Who is it that keeps choosing these ridiculous dates and times?

Did they think to themselves 'I wonder how I can ensure no kids, or families come to the Keighley game... Oh, lets have it on a school night at 7.30pm'

Unbelievable.

Let's see. Five school nights per week leaves two days free at weekends. Either one of the club's has a fixture at the weekend or there are cup games scheduled. Do tell me FF, what would be your believable solution to this?

Really, I'd like to know.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#10 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

Not good for me. I always get a season ticket, but I shall have to consider this next season. Due to work I won't be able to attend this game and I have had problems getting to a couple of this season's home games due to 6pm kick-offs. I also believe Doncaster at home is on a Thursday?   I know there  are reasons for this and it isn't necessarily the club's fault, but  the traditional  sunday  afternoon 3pm  (or 3.30pm in the old days)  is for me. Call me old fashioned if you wish, but  6pm or Thursdays are just  not natural.

Ditto

That'll be four unused coupons then.

#11 The Crab

The Crab
  • Coach
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

It appears we can squabble over just about anything these days.
At the rate the crowds are diminishing it won,t be long before we have nothing to squabble about.Wonder what we all do then?

#12 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

Its likely that the club had to find a date as quickly as possible in order to generate some much needed income.
Im sure if money was no object they could have found a blank weekend further into the season but how many teams in our division can afford that luxury?
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#13 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

Not wanting to nit pick......but

did we or did we not play our last game of the season in august last year ???

so thats 4 months of decent car boot money,functions & other incomes coming in.

but no player wages,winning money or excess beer to buy for match days

so shouldnt we have saved something for the
lean winter... ??

or is it a case of spending more than weve got.

i still cant understand how with our income
that other teams dont have

we have a short fall ?

explain please to a simple tight yorkshireman !!!!

#14 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

Simple maths more out less in? As a private company it is up to the owner(s) to balance the books and like any business (including any individual) if you spend more than you earn you have to cut back or eventually you face ruin. This is no different than what the country faces at the moment.........

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#15 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Let's see. Five school nights per week leaves two days free at weekends. Either one of the club's has a fixture at the weekend or there are cup games scheduled. Do tell me FF, what would be your believable solution to this?

Really, I'd like to know.

If you remove your pedant cap BSJ (which doesn't suit you), you'll realise that there are a significant number of weekends/school holidays etc throughout the season.

This whole week (and last) is one example.

Edited by funkmaster flex, 09 April 2013 - 11:44 AM.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#16 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

Surprised you've decided so early, bearing in mind that there could be a number of blank weekends later.

And you could have a big cup tie the Sunday after.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#17 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Why not play it on challenge cup round 5 weekend as both us and keighley are likely to be knocked out.. Us at Sheffield. They have the holders at home Warrington??? So if both do get knocked out that weekend will be a blank weekend.

#18 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

As I understand it the date is provisional and was chosen some time ago (As required by the Competition Rules).

If both clubs are eliminated from the Challenge Cup then it is logical that the game will be on Sunday 12th May.

If one or both of the teams are still in the Challenge Cup, then it is highly unlikely that they will be asked to play

3/4 days before the 5th Round.

PM and Coolie - Just remind me which Heavy Woolen Club publicly declared possible financial difficulties recently?

Then we can perhaps talk about Cash Flows and Expenditure that is not matched by Income etc.

#19 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

It wasnt a dig wilsden
just wanted the question explaining

dewsbury ...various incomes coming in and confident far more than batley

but yet

batley very little coming in and have a decent side in the same league were struggling in

im just highlighting the maths dont add up
either we are leaking money.
or batley must be run by the tightest jewish scotchman thats ever walked on gods earth.

i just cant get my head around the whole dewsbury/batley income jobby

its an enigma of the 21 century ;)

#20 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

As I understand it the date is provisional and was chosen some time ago (As required by the Competition Rules).

If both clubs are eliminated from the Challenge Cup then it is logical that the game will be on Sunday 12th May.

If one or both of the teams are still in the Challenge Cup, then it is highly unlikely that they will be asked to play

3/4 days before the 5th Round.

So that's just a nonsense, then.  It's never going to be on 8th May. :blink:

If both teams lose, it'll be on the 12th.  If one (or more) wins, it'll be postponed.

I'm all for having rules.  But not when they lead to a stupid conclusion.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users