TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Keighley 8th may at home

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

As I understand it the date is provisional and was chosen some time ago (As required by the Competition Rules).

If both clubs are eliminated from the Challenge Cup then it is logical that the game will be on Sunday 12th May.

If one or both of the teams are still in the Challenge Cup, then it is highly unlikely that they will be asked to play

3/4 days before the 5th Round.

PM and Coolie - Just remind me which Heavy Woolen Club publicly declared possible financial difficulties recently?

Then we can perhaps talk about Cash Flows and Expenditure that is not matched by Income etc.

If the date is provisional why are details of the fixture being published?Why not wait until after the Challenge Cup 4th round ties are played. 

Would not surprise me if other teams have provisionally agreed the 5th round Challenge Cup weekend to play rearranged games.

Do not see the relationship between Batley's finances and Dewsbury's or understand your cashflow/expenditure comment in regards to PM and Coolie's post unless you are reading there comments out of context . All teams in the Rugby League are struggling financially and being hit by the  economic climate in different ways. 

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#22 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

If regulations state we need to publish a date for the fixture then i dont see a problem with what the rams have done.

God forbid we should actually beat sheffield and have to find a slot for our plumb home tie with workington in the next round

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#23 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

To be fair the club asnt actually said its on the 8th may, it's just the fixtures list as it down as 8th may now... Until the club announce it officially on the website and in the press ect it can't be confirmed. It's more likely to be on Sunday the 12th may then after all because keighley certainly ain't beating the full time challenge cup holders Warrington, and we never win at Sheffield home or away and can't see that changing in our 4th round tie.. So more likely to be Sunday 12th after all ...

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 09 April 2013 - 07:06 PM.

#24 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

have to agree.  Another game I will miss...There seems to me to be at least 32 sundays between now and the rest of the season when we dont have a game so not why it has to be squeezed into a midweek date. It is sure to affect the gate. 

I prefer Sundays afternoons too. Not sure the reason we avent picked a Sunday game to replay it, thought they was afew blank weekends, must be due to the challenge cup and northern rail cup been on them weekends

Edited by NickD, 10 April 2013 - 06:46 AM.

#25 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

Where are the 32 Sundays?

According to the Fixture Lists there are 3 possible Sundays when either Dewsbury or Keighley 

will not have a game

Sunday 16th June - NR Cup QF.  This date would be available if both teams lose in R1 on 19th May.

Sunday 30th June - NR Cup SF.  As above.

Sunday 25th August - Challenge Cup Final weekend - but all the Championship Games are Scheduled for Thursday 22nd August.

The club never announced the 8th May date.

Bulldogtrev - I am just fed up of the continual speculation about the Ram's and other clubs finances posted by individuals (Not having a dig Coolie) who

do not have any information about them.  The dig at PM was the irony of his comments given the recent announcements.

Perhaps we should all concentrate on our own clubs finances and help as much as possible. Personally, I don't give a toss about the situation at Mount T or

any other club apart from the Rams where I choose to invest my time and effort.

Edited by Wilsden Ram, 10 April 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#26 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

Where are the 32 Sundays?

OK.  Forgetting that irony and sarcasm arent easy to pick up off a posting I might have over-egged the 32 to empasise the point.  However according to the fixtures list on our own website there are no games on Sunday 5th, 12th or 19th May, nor the 16th or 30th June.

Perhaps next time I need to ignore our fixture list and find one that has ALL games listed...

#27 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

Nearly always agree with everything you post BSJ, but think you're off the mark here and certainly other postings seem to reflect the disappointment of a wednesday night game.

I am sure the club have very good reasons and its not our shout, but there is no doubt at all that a Wednesday night gate will be down on one might expect for a Sunday and as we have already been debating we need as many bums on seats as we can muster at the mo.

Let's see. Five school nights per week leaves two days free at weekends. Either one of the club's has a fixture at the weekend or there are cup games scheduled. Do tell me FF, what would be your believable solution to this?

Really, I'd like to know.

#28 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

If regulations state we need to publish a date for the fixture then i dont see a problem with what the rams have done.

I don't think they do.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#29 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

To be fair the club asnt actually said its on the 8th may, it's just the fixtures list as it down as 8th may now..

Who put it on the fixture list ? The club ?

Whatever the rules and regulations are, I still say it's daft to announce a date that's never going to be right.

#30 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,750 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

Nearly always agree with everything you post BSJ, but think you're off the mark here and certainly other postings seem to reflect the disappointment of a wednesday night game.

I am sure the club have very good reasons and its not our shout, but there is no doubt at all that a Wednesday night gate will be down on one might expect for a Sunday and as we have already been debating we need as many bums on seats as we can muster at the mo.

You're probably right NickD.

My reaction was to the knee-jerk responses by some that seem to be aimed at every decision that the club makes. We all know that times are very togh for the club as well as for individuals but squabbling amongst ourselves won't help.

I'll count to ten next time.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#31 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

You're probably right NickD.

My reaction was to the knee-jerk responses by some that seem to be aimed at every decision that the club makes. We all know that times are very togh for the club as well as for individuals but squabbling amongst ourselves won't help.

I'll count to ten next time.

The 'knee jerk reactions' were made in frustration from those who could not attend. An inability to attend directly effects the financial situation of the club - Something we all know is not in the best of conditions.
In other words they are frustrations borne not from selfishness and suitability, but from wanting the club to succeed and wanting to contribute, but watching the club isolate itself and portions of its fan base with baffling decisions.

Aside from anything else BSJ it's Dewsbury after all, of course folk whinge - It's in our blood :)

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#32 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

NickD -as per the fixture lists available from the club and in the programme.

There is no game on Sunday 5th May as we are away at Sheffield on Friday 3rd May.

Sunday 19th May is the date for the 1st Round of the NR Cup in wich all 14 Championship clubs are involved.

The two June dates are for the NR cup later rounds

The 8th May was provisionally chosen as the RFL requires clubs to submit the earliest available date for the re-arrangement and  

the club did not know at that time what our progress would be in the NR Cup and Challenge Cup and apart from these dates, every other

Weekend is scheduled for League matches.  The club do not want a mid-week game and if Sunday 12th May is free because of both clubs being

knocked out of the Challenge Cup then we will be allowed to move it to that date.  The club is not trying to isolate itself from spectators with baffling decisions

but sometimes people make wildly innaccurate comments without asking for an answer direct from the club.  However, if either club is still involved in the Challenge

Cup, then it will be played on the 8th May but at least the second game 4 days later will not be a League game which is where our priorities must lie.

Anyway, I have complained as well because I arranged a hoilday in the 9 day Gap between fixtures and could miss my first game for 5 years.

#33 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

WR - firstly thanks for all your efforts. Wildly inaccurate statements, based on nothing and general griping is what the Rams forum is all about. The forum is lucky to be blessed with so many people who are experts in every field and only too happy to share their knowledge and expertise.

But one thing I would say the club could be better at is communicating with their biggest sponsors - the fans. Tom Coates showed how it could be done but it seems to have dropped off since he moved on. Publicising the Lotto being a good example, it should be all over the website, pin on the Forum, handed out with every programme, announced at every home match before, after and at half -time.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 11 April 2013 - 07:52 AM.

#34 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

NickD -as per the fixture lists available from the club and in the programme.

I can only repeat what i said earlier.  I took the fixtures from the fixture list posted on the OFFICIAL Dewsbury Rams website.  My apologies if it isnt accurate / complete / up to date* - * delete as appropriate.

However I fully appreciate your update.  Its useful, concise and explains everything in detail.  This is all those of us on here can ask for or need. As Wakefield ram points out Tom Coates was very good a this.....

#35 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

The 8th May was provisionally chosen as the RFL requires clubs to submit the earliest available date for the re-arrangement 

There is an alternative in Bye-law B1.18, though.

Last year, didn't Leigh play a game originally postponed because of their involvement in the Challenge Cup about three months later ?

Anyway, even if the club agreed it with the RFL, there was no reason to stick it on their website if there was never an intention to play it then.  Can't see the sense in that at all.

#36 Dewsbury Rams

Dewsbury Rams
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

While most of the content on the Dewsbury Rams web site can be edited by the club there are areas on it where the information is fed directly in to it from other sources (eg RFL) and cannot be edited by club personnel. One area is the fixtures where the list of fixtures (and results) are generated externally. Our web site, along with many in the league, are generic web sites using the same templates. Ideally we would like to have an idependant site that we have total control over but unless there is a sponsor or web company out there that is prepared to do this for us then for the moment we will be continuing with the version we have.

The league rules actually stipulate that a postponed game should be played the following Wednesday if at all possible (wasn't practical in our case because of weather conditions) or if not a suitable Wednesday. Games can only be re-arranged for cup tie weekends if at the time of postponement both clubs were out of that particular cup competition. There are other rules and regs as well but this is basically why we haven't as yet fixed a Sunday date and why the RFL uploaded the fixture date on to the web site.

#37 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

Dont let the facts get in the way of a good whinge lol
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#38 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

Dont let the facts get in the way of a good whinge lol

Maybe if the facts had come before the whinge ;)

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#39 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

Well at least the game can be put on the Sunday with both teams out of the cup.

#40 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:43 AM

Well at least the game can be put on the Sunday with both teams out of the cup.

Lets hope so. Any news you club people ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users