Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Knights v Dewsbury

14th April 3pm

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#41 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Give us a clue! :D

Never.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#42 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Lol spanish knight

i was
i was busy raiding the conker trees and almost
missed the scrap...

what was that halfback you had around that time
he had long black hair and a double barreled name and a half decent player...not sure if he was a aussie..from memory he looked like tje bloke who played robin of sherwood...

now i am going back..

loved wigginton rd
great little ground
sadly missed against huntington stadium

#43 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Never.

:(

It's time to park the camels.

#44 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

Trust me. He's a good'un.

Posted Image

#45 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

Think it was Chris Macklin-Shaw the Aussie your on about Coolie
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#46 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,286 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

New loan signing - Nev Morrison from Sheffield - winger, sounds like he will be straight

in Sunday, Browne doubtful, Haynsey got a bang on his back last week & no Shaul.

Sounds like we were after Nev at the start of the season - GT describes him as a strike

winger rather than a power winger - may be here for more than a month, got 17 tries in

27 games for the Eagles last season, welcome to the Knights Nev.

#47 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

Can Nev play in the cup game(s) for us?.

#48 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,286 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

Can Nev play in the cup game(s) for us?.

No

#49 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

Must say, I've never heard of him (I don't think) but if GT rates him highly then who am I to say I don't know who he is :D lets hope he scores us some tries! Shades can you tell me the difference between a strike winger and a power winger?

It's time to park the camels.

#50 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

No

Shame. :(

#51 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Cheers barlby

thats the lad
think steadman was in the team around that
time too...happy daze sadly missed.

#52 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

Cheers barlby

thats the lad
think steadman was in the team around that
time too...happy daze sadly missed.

And I bet your kids are the same as you were then, messing about and not really bothered about the rugby, been there and got the T shirt. lol

#53 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,286 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

Must say, I've never heard of him (I don't think) but if GT rates him highly then who am I to say I don't know who he is :D lets hope he scores us some tries! Shades can you tell me the difference between a strike winger and a power winger?

Think roughly it means that e.g. Browne (with power) will get you out of defence better,

Morrison (maybe quicker on his feet, sidestep etc) is more likely to take one of the few

half chances a winger may get in a game.

#54 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,833 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

With Browns kicking game he should be a good signing for us, remember they played together last season at Sheffield scoring 17 tries so should know each others play.

#55 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Must say, I've never heard of him (I don't think

He scored a couple against us at home last season.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#56 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

Press this morning...
http://www.yorkpress...rrison_on_loan/

#57 tanghaller

tanghaller
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

The referee for Sunday's game with Dewsbury is Mr G Stokes.

#58 David

David
  • Coach
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

Last night I had the pleasure of speaking at Huddersfield Golf Club's Annual Dinner where the captain was a certain Andrew Ramsden. The toast to the guests was proposed by the captain's great friend Shaun Dunford. I sat in between them and remarked to Shaun that there used to be a Rugby League player with the same name. It turned out that both Shaun and Andy used to play for Dewsbury at the same time as Graham Steadman and Geoff Pryce were playing for York. They both remember well the winning 1 0 score line when Nigel Stephenson dropped a goal and, if my memory serves me right, they also played against Rochdale in a scoreless draw. Shaun also remembered the 'brawl' at Clarence Street and said that when he returned home his wife asked him what had happened as Moira Stewart had mentioned it on the main BBC news.

#59 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

It's on the Hull site here: http://www.hullfc.co...ll-pass-holders

Well that's a good mention. Can't ask for any more than that. Let's hope a few fancy a trip over and make a day out of it. Thanks Andy.

Actually, we are a tourist city and I often wonder if enough is made of the fact like asking visiting clubs to give us a plug on their web sites or in their local papers in that respect, a bit like the Barrow publican did on our site before our game up there. How about trying to get a hotel or guest house or two to offer a weekend special deal for visiting supporters, maybe along with a reduced price match ticket or something along those lines. If a publican in Barrow thinks it's worthwhile you'd think it would be worth a go here.

#60 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

What happened to the Brass Band ?.Are they playing at any more matches?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users