TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Team for the cougars

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#21 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

Adam Lawton gives us something different definately have him in the 17
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#22 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

carter
miller
morris
mossop
patrick
callum
connor
thacks
matty
coward
stack
phillips
olstrum

lupton
forber
acton
lawton

What about coward and shacks surely they should be pick over DR

#23 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 296 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

Coward is starting prop
bluewhitearmy

#24 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

coward was starting prop. and were getting to the stage now where results are more important than anything else and going off the games so far lawton has made more of an impact than shacks for us imo.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#25 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

Yeah sorry didn't see coward then think I might go and get my eyes tested

#26 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

Aye no sentiment now . Results all that matter . If we can get a better player or two in than what we may have from DR then go for it.
The teams we're up against will be and to the max .Huge stakes here we're playing for .

Edited by DavidM, 09 April 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#27 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

i would like to see callum and Matty starting at 7 & 9 but think one will probably start on the bench

#28 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

I think we've gone beyond that stage and argument Scott , we need to win and all help and improvement is gratefully received . I'm not talking of pushing the envelope to their extent , but if the likes of Hunslet and Swinton stay up they'll say ' job done ' ...

Edited by DavidM, 09 April 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#29 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Good to see a few put Lawton in your 17 as he has a bright future.What about Declan Hulme?To keep players fresh for the Challenge cup game I would think of Lawton and Declan Hulme.

#30 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

personally declan was becoming too much of a target for the high bomb, and to be honest not secure enough to risk in a must win game where a mistake could cost us the points. this is a far more important game than the cup game so we need our strongest 17.

#31 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

I think your being a bit harsh there wonky in the games I've watched swinton,doncaster, barrow, Sheffield I thought young hulme did well however against batley he got peppered twice and on both occasions they where miles offside . Technique wasn't the best though tbf but I can tell you some of the bombs black was unleashing that day where pretty gruesome I think he adds more to the team than Patrick but I suppose that's just personal opinion . Both hulme& Lawton and gore haven't really let wonky down young lads learning their trade eh and I'm sure they will be called upon at some stage of the season

#32 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

against whitehaven rooney targetted him all game, and he made a hash of one of them. its probably because hes not a winger but i cant see many opportunities for him at centre with morris,mossop,connor and the soon to be returning rooney. hes probably the best attacking centre behind connor but i would still pick morris and mossop over him. unless a dual reg player offers more than whats already available at town then theres no reason to use them. i cant see gore being back unless of injury, but would hope we keep strng ties with lawton.

#33 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Betts today saying he could be three back rowers short for Sunday . Could that impact Lawton I wonder ? If it does we should ask for someone else who's on the sidelines if we need them for our bench second row cover . Phil Joseph was huge for Swinton ? Maybe our Widnes friend will tell us who's where in the pecking order .

Edited by DavidM, 10 April 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#34 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

i dont think theyll be any dual reg this week.

#35 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

Re Hulme I'd have him in the team aswell but only as a centre
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#36 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

Yes he looks a different player in field , running with a bit of space than out on the wing . Certainly worth keeping tabs on but no point calling him in to play on the flank . I'd like to see him more central where he's comfy if the chance ever arises as I think he's got good feet and fluid movement in attack and he's less exposed defensively to the kick . A strong player like Rooney or big Red and a fluent mover like Hulme would be a good mix maybe down the line as we look to increase our attacking thrust in the centres.

Edited by DavidM, 10 April 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#37 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

Just an impact knock for big Brett so good news.

#38 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

I think it's a bit harsh on Hulme as he isn't a winger to start with but look also at mess an experienced winger like Calvert made of one of Connor's bombs that Declan scored off.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#39 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

Aye , the reverse of this is having a great bomb kicker and Connor should get that job more often!
Our last tackle attacking kicks are to often innocuous and his bomb was a gem . Haven't seen him do it since . Even as a a centre you can position him on play 5 to bomb it . But Hulme did spill a couple of easy ones for a SL squaddie ,one which cost us a point in the end and he would get targeted . He looks quite potent ball in hand in field and a Rooney / Hulme centre pairing in the future would be worth a look , with big Red looking more like second row cover and Mossop covering for Calders with Connor in the halves . Good to have options , all good crack !

Edited by DavidM, 10 April 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#40 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

i thought forber put in 2 superb long field kicks on sunday, i wish we seen it more often from him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users