Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team for the cougars

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#101 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

Aye

#102 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

will the lads even know who is or isnt playing yet? i thought they found out at training on saturday.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#103 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 863 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

Yeah team will have been announced game plan tomorrow

#104 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

if BC isn't playing it will be through injury or resting him for the CC game

#105 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

will the lads even know who is or isnt playing yet? i thought they found out at training on saturday.

Think you answered your own question there mate! Lol. Saturday isn't until tomorrow

#106 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

if BC isn't playing it will be through injury or resting him for the CC game

The more I think about it and from what I have heard I think we have to accept what you are saying.    Brett should come back fully refreshed and better for the rest.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#107 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

The more I think about it and from what I have heard I think we have to accept what you are saying.    Brett should come back fully refreshed and better for the rest.

a league game is more important than the cc game is it not?

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#108 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

Definitely.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#109 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

Could easy argue the NRC is more important than the CC for teams like us . With a favourable route it's an imaginable way to silverware now .

#110 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

sorry David ,couldnt care less about it, we a ll know what really matters this season.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#111 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Of course . Just talking cup terms , it's all relative .

#112 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

agreed.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#113 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

It's also better to miss one league than turn a strain into a tear and miss 8 weeks. It's a long hard season no need to risk losing players to long term injuries
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#114 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

So you have a big squad at Workington?Seem covered everywhere as you don't use dual to often like other clubs.I think Ben Davies will be gone and Briscoe next season.Looks like only Briscoe this weekend playing for Workington.

#115 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

Next weeks game is a bit of a throw away for me, very nice if we beat them again but not the end of the world if we dont, this game tomorrow is vital for us, there's no way a fit Brett Carter should be left out of any Town team !!

If there is a discipline problem then some body please tell us, and more importantly, get it sorted out with the lad'

Playing the likes of Shaun Briscoe goes against the spirit of the DR system, I've had no problems with the way we have used it up to now, but we can expect to cop some stick over this one. Let's not forget that we were very critical of haven using Gardener, this is just as bad.

#116 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

look we all should know by now that brett wont have been dropped because of his on field performances because hes been outstanding. it will either be an injury or an in-house issue which we should all respect and im sure he will be back either way for the haven game. i think the big deal is being made because hes such a great player and loved by the fans. im sure if it was one of the other lads then there wouldnt be such a big deal being made on here.
its not shaun briscoes fault and we should all get behind him tomorrow and welcome him to our great club.

#117 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

If Shaun pulls that Town shirt on tomorrow I will back him all the way, despite my reservations about it.

Good luck Shaun and UP THE TOWN

#118 dentonplace

dentonplace
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

In the players own words he has been dropped!! not injured,no internal issues just dropped to make way to play Shaun Briscoe.It's not that difficult to find out whats going on these days with the candid openess of some players on social media.Still another player will be pulling on a Workington Town shirt inspite of numerous issues.

#119 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

how do you know he hasnt been dropped because of internal issues. thats something that should be kept between player and coach

#120 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

In the players own words he has been dropped!! not injured,no internal issues just dropped to make way to play Shaun Briscoe.It's not that difficult to find out whats going on these days with the candid openess of some players on social media.Still another player will be pulling on a Workington Town shirt inspite of numerous issues.

No doubt we will all know the truth before long.....but I still don't believe Brett has been left out because of anything other than a personal issue. He's as good as anyone we have, and the fans love him for his commitment to our cause.