Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team for the cougars

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#121 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

You havent a clue whats going on dentureplaice .
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#122 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

You havent a clue whats going on dentureplaice .

exactly.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#123 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

If Brett Carter is that good then he will go on the Wing or Centre.Maybe could play In the halfbacks.It is not Briscoe fault, as he just wants a game.Get behind him as he will do his best for your team.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 13 April 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#124 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

If Brett Carter is that good then he will go on the Wing or Centre.Maybe could play In the halfbacks.It is not Briscoe fault, as he just wants a game.Get behind him as he will do his best for your team.

im a haven fan marra and ive seen him about 10 times last couple of yesrs and he is that good fullback or stand off

#125 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

There won't be one Town fan who doesn't get behind him, when you pull that shirt on with the unicorns on your chest you are one of us.

#126 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

There won't be one Town fan who doesn't get behind him, when you pull that shirt on with the unicorns on your chest you are one of us.

Good stuff and Brett will play against Whitehaven as I feel Briscoe and a few of our Youngsters will play against Doncaster in the cup.I hope Adam Lawton gets his debut tonight for Widnes.Believe he did ok at Workington especially been out for so long.Goodluck this weekend.

#127 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

Lawton looks a talent, but seems a bit lacking in aggression to me.

#128 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

Lawson will be one big shot away from that aggression you just tell looking at the beast!! Hope he gets in the widnes 17 too

#129 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

if brett was available he would be playing full back,simple as. hes not available for a certain reason, thats why briscoe is getting a game.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#130 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

In the players own words he has been dropped!! not injured,no internal issues just dropped to make way to play Shaun Briscoe.It's not that difficult to find out whats going on these days with the candid openess of some players on social media.Still another player will be pulling on a Workington Town shirt inspite of numerous issues.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#131 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

Pointless stirring . Charlo in the star laid it out with his usual clarity . And he knows where he wants to play Connor given the chance so good on him there !

#132 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

Guys there is no internal issues with carter it's unfortunately the DR system rearing its ugly head I know it's difficult to comprehend and thus try to understand why a talisman of your club can be left out but in the stark reality of this new arrangement this is what can and will happen .When the dust settles tomorrow and your 3 points better off with Brett a lot fresher after putting his body on the line for the last 2months there might be done positives . Briscoe for all this will give you 110% .Im sure you will all get behind the boys tomorrow and don't be to harsh on your coaches sometimes they have to see the bigger picture , which we as fans sometimes don't get to see

#133 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

We're not harsh on the coaches , we just didn't know all the facts . It's been explained , we cheer them on and move on .

#134 Bring back the wall

Bring back the wall
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Carter injured hasnt trained for last 2 weeks

#135 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

We're not harsh on the coaches , we just didn't know all the facts . It's been explained , we cheer them on and move on .

Good luck tomorrow lets hope you give them a real good hiding

#136 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 224 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

Shame we have to be told all this on a fans forum and not officially through the club . . . I think there lies your real problem.

#137 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

Real good hiding would be nice but ill settle for a 13 point win . I just hope we finally get off to a good fast start and play from in front for once and show them they're in our house and your not comfortable here .

#138 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

Real good hiding would be nice but ill settle for a 13 point win . I just hope we finally get off to a good fast start and play from in front for once and show them they're in our house and your not comfortable here .

Fully agree.   

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#139 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

Interesting thoughts of Sean Briscoe on the Trust in Widnes forum about him asking some time ago to come and play at Town but Town said they didn't want him as they had good players for his position.

http://www.trustinwi...ic,42807.0.html

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#140 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

Says a lot about the lad . Good on him . Couldn't he have played another position here ? Anyway he's obviously dedicated

Edited by DavidM, 13 April 2013 - 11:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users