• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Given his record at Cas its pretty astonishing it didn't happen a long time ago

Mitigating circumstances and all that but still...

#22 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

think people forget what he's been through this last 12 months looseing his son he could have walked away then but dint me being a fev fan hope he can now have a bit of family time and a rest away from the game

#23 WolvesFanInTheUSA

WolvesFanInTheUSA
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

They need to get rid of Millward before they improve. That will be the biggest single step after new backers.

Hmm, that's too bad to hear.  I think they have a lot of good talent on the team and can still make a good showing as the season's still young.

#24 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

whoever takes the job . kear powell or whoever is taking over a ###### team thats just ticking over in sl- a result of of the lack of the relegation fight, "we cant be relegated so lets hope for best" millward is good for the game and has great vision for sl, cas  however have become yet another championship team stuck in sl limbo in the lower half of the table yet again, hope dr loadacash takes him to salford he would do well there.

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#25 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

whoever takes the job . kear powell or whoever is taking over a ###### team thats just ticking over in sl- a result of of the lack of the relegation fight, "we cant be relegated so lets hope for best" millward is good for the game and has great vision for sl, cas  however have become yet another championship team stuck in sl limbo in the lower half of the table yet again, hope dr loadacash takes him to salford he would do well there.

Thanks for that, such words of wisdom.

#26 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Thanks for that, such words of wisdom.

I'm sure they were, but I didn't notice them formulate a sentence at any point.
People called Romans they go the house

#27 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

so if cas were in danger of swapping divions with fev do think they would be signing players like lee gilmour? and dont u think it would make the basis of what is after all SPORT more interesting, cas on the radio today already conceded the sl this year is already over and the cup may be a glimmer of hope, am sure it wouldnt be over if the trap door was waiting.

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#28 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

so if cas were in danger of swapping divions with fev do think they would be signing players like lee gilmour? and dont u think it would make the basis of what is after all SPORT more interesting, cas on the radio today already conceded the sl this year is already over and the cup may be a glimmer of hope, am sure it wouldnt be over if the trap door was waiting.

Give me a hour to work it out, and i'll get back to you.

#29 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Why should Salford take on a coach who has failed at his last few clubs, even as Leigh coach he didn't exactly set the world alight.

#30 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Why should Salford take on a coach who has failed at his last few clubs, even as Leigh coach he didn't exactly set the world alight.

whatever, this thread is named "bright future for castleford" well if that means milling about in the lower half of limbo land sl for the next 10years, going in to administration during that time, getting a reputation for having the worst ground and most banned bottle throwing spectators in sl then i bet millwards glad hes gone.

#31 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

Leigh won silverware under him though and didn't they come something like second in the league?  Saints did great under him.  Only Wigan fans moan about him but I think that is really because we beat them 75-0 while he was in charge.

#32 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Nt half as happy as we are that he's gone. Ramblings of a bitter Fev fan by the looks of it, even though you've nothing to be bitter about. Grow up.

#33 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Nt half as happy as we are that he's gone. Ramblings of a bitter Fev fan by the looks of it, even though you've nothing to be bitter about. Grow up.

not a fev fan at all- just dont see the point of sacking a coach when he has a 4th rate squad, i have 2 eggs in the fridge but i cant make a cake with out the other stuff.

#34 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,150 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

Leigh won silverware under him though and didn't they come something like second in the league?  Saints did great under him.  Only Wigan fans moan about him but I think that is really because we beat them 75-0 while he was in charge.

if he's that good, maybe your motto should be " Don't say Brown, say Millward"  :D

Edited by JohnM, 10 April 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#35 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

If there was relegation there would be embarrassing scenarios like signing a 38yo nobody Brad Davis (made SL look like a laughing stock) and none of the young players would have been given a chance.

No, Relegation is not the answer. More cash is.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

if he's that good, maybe your motto should be " Don't sat Brown, say Millward" :D

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#37 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

I know next to nothing about the management and financial regimes at Castleford.

However, I know that ever since Stuart Raper left, they've never looked like a club that was organised and going places.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#38 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

In case it hasn't yet been posted on this thread, here is the pertinent, official

Castleford Tigers media release.

Castleford Tigers has parted company with Head Coach Ian Millward and Assistant Coach Stuart Donlan.

A run of seven straight defeats has left the Tigers bottom of the Super League table with three points from eleven games.

Following a meeting with Ian Millward, both parties agreed that he should relinquish his position as Head Coach.

After a promising start to the 2013 season, recent results have been unacceptable for all concerned, including sponsors and supporters.

The Club would like to thank Ian for his services and wish him all the best for the future.

Assistant Coach, Danny Orr, will take temporary charge of the first team. The Club will make an announcement regarding a new Head Coach in due course.
ENDS

Brett Cullen
Media Relations Officer

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#39 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

hi Mick,

Don't know why I'm bothering but our squad is not half as bad as your grammar.

In what way is Millward "good for the game"

Tell me who you support and let me know if you'd swap your current coach for Millward
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#40 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

Will this rule Chase out of England contention then? You know, since he won't even have a work permit to play over here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users