Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

http://www.therfl.co...running-for-cas

#23 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

http://www.therfl.co...running-for-cas

I wouldn't worry too much just yet as I bet DP.Aston and Harrison are in the running too with plenty more besides them. Kear is a c@s lad but he also isn't daft he won't take the job unless it suits him I'm sure.I personally don't want any coach in the champ to go their as I feel all would do a good job for them. Maybe Aston if I had to pick one just so we can beat the seagulls for a change 😄😄😄. I also think he is the best coach in the champ at this present time even though I don't like him but credit where its due.

Edited by thundergaz, 10 April 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#24 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Coolie or Eddie rombo.....joint coaches at Cas its a certainty

I think John Kear would be more suited to this role  :D

#25 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

Oh of course... Silly me..... You two twits continually exhibit a total lack of rugby knowlege with the utter drivel you post on these forums.... !!

#26 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Not a chance of Karl Harrison applying for it, he is Halifax through and through, has the job he has always wanted coaching fax, winning silverware and doing well, his building business etc doing well, to leave that for a club in the mire, no chance, Kear would have probably put in for if as its a dream job to coach the team he loves and supports. No contract at batley( handshake business, isn't it) therefore cheapest option as dont have to pay him out of a contract.

#27 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 411 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Not a chance of Karl Harrison applying for it, he is Halifax through and through, has the job he has always wanted coaching fax, winning silverware and doing well, his building business etc doing well, to leave that for a club in the mire, no chance, Kear would have probably put in for if as its a dream job to coach the team he loves and supports. No contract at batley( handshake business, isn't it) therefore cheapest option as dont have to pay him out of a contract.

Having a contract or not having contract does not make any difference if Castleford are interested in a Coach and the Coach wants to go. I would be surprised if Castleford do go for John Kear or Karl Harrison. John would be returning to the same situation he left at Wakefield and Karl is probably the Neil Warnock(before he joined Leeds United) of the Rugby League. Good at Championship level but the style of rugby his teams play is not suited to the Super League and his teams are not good to watch. He also struggled at Salford(except for one season) in the Super League with a better team than the current Castleford side. 

I would have thought Castleford would go for a younger man i.e Phil Veivers, Barry Eaton etc...or a NRL Assistant Coach.

Edited by bulldogtrev, 10 April 2013 - 04:33 PM.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#28 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Tell you what Ackropji wether we keep Kear or not get used to your reguler beatings at the hands of the bulldogs. I think we have been top dogs now for about 13 yrs. We will leave the employment of poor coaches to the shams.

#29 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Oh of course... Silly me..... You two twits continually exhibit a total lack of rugby knowlege with the utter drivel you post on these forums.... !!

:lol:

Edited by Eddie_Rombo, 10 April 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#30 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 890 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

?? who would replace jk anyways, i reckon he will be away in next few weeks for sure. B) .

#31 morti

morti
  • Coach
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

?? who would replace jk anyways, i reckon he will be away in next few weeks for sure. B) .

warren jowitts free :D

#32 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

IF JK left (and it's an enormous if, IMO), I'd guess that Steve McCormack would be the next Batley coach.

#33 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

IF JK left (and it's an enormous if, IMO), I'd guess that Steve McCormack would be the next Batley coach.

My outsider would be Craig Lingard a Bulldog legend and fits the Batley way of doing things. But lets hope it does not come to that

#34 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

How do you get to that conclusion Chairman?

#35 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

Why is it an enormous if? Kear's only on a part-time contract with the puppies. 

#36 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

Why is it an enormous if? Kear's only on a part-time contract with the puppies.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, Eddie. Even if JK DOES leave for the worst SL club, we'll still be tanning your backsides for seasons to come!

#37 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

How do you get to that conclusion Chairman?

Just a hunch, DD.

#38 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

Just a hunch, DD.

Fair do's! I am not sure who is available if we were to lose JK. Perhaps a young coach, someone like Lee Greenwood.

#39 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,291 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:28 AM

On Boots'n'All last night JK was being strongly promoted by the participants. Reading between the lines this wouldn't happen unless there was a subtle lobby operating on his behalf, with or without his approval.

I know that I have said otherwise earlier but I now think that you may have some cause for concern, particularly if he was tempted to take a couple of players with him.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#40 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,121 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

Guess who i saw at Cas yesterday while doing a job for them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users