TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Oh dear

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#81 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

Spot on!. Sheffield have no ground or fans, other than that they are a superbly run outfit and if they had the two missing ingredients would be in SL now. Leigh ate on deaths door and knocking, financially, their crowds are dwindling and they have now twinned with Wigan, you guys, you may own you'd ground but with that comes the upkeep expenses and with that slope and those crowds are stuck invetween a rock and a hard place to improve facilities without massive gate increases.

Fair enough, but I genuinely cannot see Halifax being allowed into SL in the foreseeable future, I do not think you fit the geographical profile that they want, with Huddersfield and Halifax so close by. I also think that you are clearly behind Featherstone in the publicity and progress stakes. They just put out more positive stuff! The ground thing for us can be debated forever, personally I would much prefer us to be playing at our own ground, and suspect that it generates income on match days, The issue is generating income on none match days.

Anyhow, I hope you feel calmer after your substantial win today and do not feel the need to come on and have a go at our ground, it's all a bit petty that sort of thing.

#82 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Fair enough, but I genuinely cannot see Halifax being allowed into SL in the foreseeable future, I do not think you fit the geographical profile that they want, with Huddersfield and Halifax so close by. I also think that you are clearly behind Featherstone in the publicity and progress stakes. They just put out more positive stuff! The ground thing for us can be debated forever, personally I would much prefer us to be playing at our own ground, and suspect that it generates income on match days, The issue is generating income on none match days.
Anyhow, I hope you feel calmer after your substantial win today and do not feel the need to come on and have a go at our ground, it's all a bit petty that sort of thing.

I'm not getting into your arguments DD. But I just wanted to say I think you have a great ground and its the ground I look forward to visiting the most its a cracking ground. I prefer the old fashioned rugby grounds myself just wish ours still had the bullock shed that was great times.

Edited by thundergaz, 14 April 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#83 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

I'm not getting into your arguments DD. But I just wanted to say I think you have a great ground and its the ground I look forward to visiting the most its a cracking ground. I prefer the old fashioned rugby grounds myself just wish ours still had the bullock shed that was great times.

It's not an argument, it's a discussion, and you are most welcome to contribute.

#84 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

It's not an argument, it's a discussion, and you are most welcome to contribute.

I would DD but I'm not getting into a discussion about who's got the best chance of SL. Just because it will end up with well mines bigger than yours 😄😄😄.

#85 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

Spot on!. Sheffield have no ground or fans, other than that they are a superbly run outfit and if they had the two missing ingredients would be in SL now. Leigh ate on deaths door and knocking, financially, their crowds are dwindling and they have now twinned with Wigan, you guys, you may own you'd ground but with that comes the upkeep expenses and with that slope and those crowds are stuck invetween a rock and a hard place to improve facilities without massive gate increases.

Halifax also do not have enough supporters to go into the Super League. Crowd against Leigh today 2,161 when Halifax are unbeaten and top of the league against one of the best supported teams in the Championship is not good enough. Halifax do not seem to be able to increase there support base to the 2,500 average which is a requirement for a Super League licence. 

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#86 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Halifax also do not have enough supporters to go into the Super League. Crowd against Leigh today 2,161 when Halifax are unbeaten and top of the league against one of the best supported teams in the Championship is not good enough. Halifax do not seem to be able to increase there support base to the 2,500 average which is a requirement for a Super League licence.

Spot on trev. By the looks of it they will need a 30k gate for their last home game of the season to hit the 2.5k mark. We have that box ticked its just the ground now really but were on with that so like DD says were way ahead of fax when it comes to getting into SL. But I doubt whether any of the champ clubs will be given the chance.

#87 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 698 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

I thought the shay was owned by the football club and the council?

As for SL. If anyone from our division gets in ahead of featherstone then there's something dodgy going on.

#88 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

Are you two a country mile ahead of everyone else then?

I think your subtlety was lost on this fella, DD!!

#89 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

I think your subtlety was lost on this fella, DD!!

I am such a shining wit! Or should that be something else?

#90 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

U are an absolute #%&*

#91 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,753 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

Spot on trev. By the looks of it they will need a 30k gate for their last home game of the season to hit the 2.5k mark. We have that box ticked its just the ground now really but were on with that so like DD says were way ahead of fax when it comes to getting into SL. But I doubt whether any of the champ clubs will be given the chance.

Sounds like you are saying yours is bigger than his gaz!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#92 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

U are an absolute #%&*

Goodness me I think that's a little unfair!

#93 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Isn't that where you were born gingdong?. I came on here for some laughs and banter but now your here, I'm off. You forget gingdong, you can't win finals, you choke year after year and want your team to get dumped out of challenge cup ASAP. If I'm completely honest there is only 2 results I look for and want to win, that's Fax and them batley, a great little club that's well run and consistently there or there abouts, I just love winding up some dogs fans. The only teams contesting finals this year will be Sheffield, fax and batley.

The gate announcement today was a shock to most there as I thought easily 3k today, perhaps we are putting some straight in the back pocket ?. Ive no idea what goes on with that bit.

#94 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Sounds like you are saying yours is bigger than his gaz!

😄😄😄 I will give you that one BSJ. Gaz 0 BSJ 1

#95 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

I just love winding up some dogs fans.

The only person you seem to be winding up is yourself, tbf.

#96 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Isn't that where you were born gingdong?. I came on here for some laughs and banter but now your here, I'm off. You forget gingdong, you can't win finals, you choke year after year and want your team to get dumped out of challenge cup ASAP. If I'm completely honest there is only 2 results I look for and want to win, that's Fax and them batley, a great little club that's well run and consistently there or there abouts, I just love winding up some dogs fans. The only teams contesting finals this year will be Sheffield, fax and batley.

The gate announcement today was a shock to most there as I thought easily 3k today, perhaps we are putting some straight in the back pocket ?. Ive no idea what goes on with that bit.

I am not gingdong whoever he is for a start. As for the finals comment on who will get their this season we will see. As for us choking nah we just are normally too consistent for our own good. But that trend as changed this season so our luck in finals may change too. As for attendances you are top of the league and unbeaten and you haven't had a 2.5k crowd all season so I doubt that will change because as the saying goes there is only one way you can go when your at the top.

#97 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

Batley...great ground..geat supporters...great club; All Fev fans love the hospitality...end of;

#98 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Batley...great ground..geat supporters...great club; All Fev fans love the hospitality...end of;

Exactly phil if Fev don't win the finals all of us at Fev want batley to win them.

#99 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

I am not gingdong whoever he is for a start. As for the finals comment on who will get their this season we will see. As for us choking nah we just are normally too consistent for our own good. But that trend as changed this season so our luck in finals may change too. As for attendances you are top of the league and unbeaten and you haven't had a 2.5k crowd all season so I doubt that will change because as the saying goes there is only one way you can go when your at the top.

Gaz your the same poster as gingdong on the RL fans forum, as confirmed by Robin or rob fev fan on total RL, can't hide behind that fact sunshine!!.

#100 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

Gaz your the same poster as gingdong on the RL fans forum, as confirmed by Robin or rob fev fan on total RL, can't hide behind that fact sunshine!!.

No he is not! Gingdong on RLFANs is a guy called Suggy or Suggsy on here. Yet another thing you have got wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users