Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

twiggy

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 Madison1

Madison1
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

You heard? Good source? Name him!

I also heard something as well. It was about a brass sign up above a bar in Grange that said 'Free Beer Tomorrow' I've now actually seen it but I'm not sure it'll happen.

I won't get myself into a lather about that either.

A very good source!!!! Time will tell.

#42 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 518 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

More and more concerning noises coming out of the dressing room.....if true the BOD need to act sooner rather than later.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#43 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

this sort of stuff will keep the punters away as well if there is rumour and counter rumour going around...it needs nipping in the bud now and sorting

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#44 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Here we go yet again !!!! Déjà vu. Why is our club like a crazy soap opera? Other fans must be wetting themselves once again!!!

Edited by Baaarrow, 10 April 2013 - 07:05 PM.

Posted Image

#45 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

It's no good telling me to open my eyes and that there is more and more noises coming from the dressing room but if you lot aren't prepared to put up then.......!

Rumour, conjecture, hearsay and he said, she said mean nowt without facts.  Those propagating it lose credibility with fellow forum members if vague statements aren't backed up with something concrete.

There was less doom and gloom on these pages when we were thrown out of the Championship than today.

Is it just a coincidence that a lot of sensible even handed posters are no longer active on this forum?

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#46 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

So what are all these rumours that are supposedly doing the rounds, or have the reliable sources asked for them to be kept quiet? Good luck to Chris Larkin, if he plays amateur level he will probably stand out like a sore thumb, much like Gordy does at Askam.

#47 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 964 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

So what are all these rumours that are supposedly doing the rounds, or have the reliable sources asked for them to be kept quiet? Good luck to Chris Larkin, if he plays amateur level he will probably stand out like a sore thumb, much like Gordy does at Askam.

back to your roots twiggy lad

#48 UnionMan

UnionMan
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

So twiggy has left and he hasn't been geting a regular game.

now that must be holty's fault as it has never happenned in any season before has it?

#49 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Also heard this today. Haney, Mossop, Dawson and Backhouse the names I've been told are to leave CP in the coming weeks.

Christ its a mass exodus. 4 players there, (5 counting Twiggy) who we're gonna sorely miss. There's obviously something not right at CP, and im not one for speculating as rumours cause more damage than good, but can the powers that be please sort it out ASAP, before our once great team dies on its knees. Its hard to think that 2 years ago we were in the running for a SL licence.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#50 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

So twiggy has left and he hasn't been geting a regular game.
now that must be holty's fault as it has never happenned in any season before has it?

So, what? ever player who isn't getting a game should just up sticks and leave? Holty is playing his best team as he see's fit, and if some players aint getting in then its up to them to put the extra effort in in training and earn that chance. Do you not think Marwood is frustrated, but you don't see him taking his ball home. This aint a dig at Twiggy, as I feel that the problem lies elsewhere than him 'not being picked'. Give the guy some credit

#51 pennington

pennington
  • Coach
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

Haha I don't know where these rumours have been found but I can tell you now I do not believe in them, good luck to twiggy and awesome guy and a great player

#52 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:26 AM

Christ its a mass exodus. 4 players there, (5 counting Twiggy) who we're gonna sorely miss. There's obviously something not right at CP, and im not one for speculating as rumours cause more damage than good, but can the powers that be please sort it out ASAP, before our once great team dies on its knees. Its hard to think that 2 years ago we were in the running for a SL licence.

:lol:  we may have made a feeble application but we were never in the running for a SL licence :lol:

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#53 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

:lol:  we may have made a feeble application but we were never in the running for a SL licence :lol:

Still nice to dream - not many other CC clubs can say they met the criteria for promotion

#54 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

Still nice to dream - not many other CC clubs can say they met the criteria for promotion

That dream is actually a nightmare as its cost us... what with being 1/2 million or so in debt  :O

Edited by morty, 11 April 2013 - 08:14 AM.

Lee Morton

#55 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

Enough of this rumour and pessimism. Let's concentrate on this great game of Rugby League.

If you think our situation is bad it seems to be nowhere near as bad as the Bluebirds. Just read there Forum.

Posted Image

#56 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Enough of this rumour and pessimism. Let's concentrate on this great game of Rugby League.

If you think our situation is bad it seems to be nowhere near as bad as the Bluebirds. Just read there Forum.

Whats going on at Holker st Michael ?

Lee Morton

#57 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

So, what? ever player who isn't getting a game should just up sticks and leave? Holty is playing his best team as he see's fit, and if some players aint getting in then its up to them to put the extra effort in in training and earn that chance. Do you not think Marwood is frustrated, but you don't see him taking his ball home. This aint a dig at Twiggy, as I feel that the problem lies elsewhere than him 'not being picked'. Give the guy some credit

yeah to be fair to him, he was the only fringe first team 'local' not to leave during the des era when worky became barrow's a-team. 

#58 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

Theres nothing great about rugby league anymore Nasher lad.

its becomming more and more corrupt by the minute.

The boring threads people start about the attendances at london broncos home games back this up, although they are boring and what they are doing on a Barrow forum i do not know

#59 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

So it's still a rumour at this stage then?

#60 The Rat Catcher

The Rat Catcher
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

The only other one of the names I could see leaving is mossop due to him starting a job at sellafield and the teavelling being to much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users