Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

your best hopes for the world cup

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,984 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Those fans in RL who won't even consider giving the World Cup a chance to change their mind, if only a little bit.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#22 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,624 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

Would love England to win and the final to be packed out, but only beating France by a point - time for McNamara to go, what is wrong with our game, bring back GB...I can see it now!

:D 

The French will have gained a new-found respect having dumped out the Aussies 36-10 in the SF.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#23 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,826 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

Would love England to win and the final to be packed out, but only beating France by a point - time for McNamara to go, what is wrong with our game, bring back GB...I can see it now!

England beat Australia by 50 points to nil, are all knighted and become national heroes - RL fans opine that the game is a farce, a joke, all Nigel's fault and it signifies the death of international Rugby League. ;)

Edited by Futtocks, 10 April 2013 - 11:32 AM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#24 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,624 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

England beat Australia by 50 points to nil, are all knighted and become national heroes - RL fans opine that the game is a farce, a joke, all Nigel's fault and it signifies the death of international Rugby League. ;)

Clement would have turned off after 10 minutes.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#25 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Also, no England player to be booed by English fans.

#26 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

The best thing above all would be for England to win the world cup, the benefit of that to the whole sport would be massive.

Whether we win it or not, what I would really like would be to enjoy it! I'm a huge fan of the international game and recognise how vitally important it is for our game to grow, but by and large watching internationals is grim stuff. I've got tickets for most games and would simply like them to be enjoyable affairs played in front of atmospheric crowds enjoying the event, and then to catch up afterwards by reading reports by our own people who have equally enjoyed the event.

Driving home a couple of hundred miles in the dark and rain after watching the Kiwis hammer the Cook Islands at Reading in front of 4k people at the 2000 World Cup is not the kind of experience I'm looking for this time round!

#27 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

I hope to have a lot of fun.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users