RLWC BBC

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

fosters would be as good as any. Sold the length and breadth of the country unlike tetleys, but yes that is a great shout. I was thinking about the earlier comment as well and how pubs receive free flags to put up in their pubs, promotional hats, balls etc. While there may not be budget for that, certainly beer mats and posters would be a start.

Be interesting to know how experienced advertisers would think about promoting the world cup coverage

#122 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

Don't think there is a brewery link up yet.

At the very least, the RLWC should be on in the bars of the Marriot hotels!

Have Premier Sports over-ride the rudey-dudey films in rooms...

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#123 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

Out of curiousity, does anyone know how many subscribers Premier Sports has currently? Ie. How small of a potential market are we talking about?

Posted Image

#124 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Thing is, how many pubs would have actually shown the RL outside of the heartlands? Especially if there was, say, some soccer on. I don't come from very far from the heartlands, but I know of very few pubs around there that would show the RL if I didn't ask. So what is worse - RLWC on PS, or RLWC on SS4, with all the pubs actively choosing to not show it?

As statties already covered, the benefit is from those pubs who just leave Sky Sports on, which many of them do as standard.

I often go into pubs in Edinburgh and the RL will just be on in the background.

There is also the fact that we will miss out on Sky Sports News, which loads of pubs leave on.

As for your last question, which is worse - definitely RLWC on PS. The reason being that all pubs will have SS4 so even the heartland pubs may struggle to show RLWC on PS.

#125 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,898 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

As statties already covered, the benefit is from those pubs who just leave Sky Sports on, which many of them do as standard.

I often go into pubs in Edinburgh and the RL will just be on in the background.

There is also the fact that we will miss out on Sky Sports News, which loads of pubs leave on.

As for your last question, which is worse - definitely RLWC on PS. The reason being that all pubs will have SS4 so even the heartland pubs may struggle to show RLWC on PS.

You reckon Sky Sports News will acknowledge the existence of the World Cup?

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#126 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

You reckon Sky Sports News will acknowledge the existence of the World Cup?

Not now, that was my point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users