Photo
- - - - -

13/04/13 - Castleford Tigers v Widnes Vikings - KO 4.45pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Castleford Tigers (5 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. Widnes Vikings (10 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

3. Draw (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

Discuss the game here.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Referee: R Silverwood

Touch Judge: P Brooke

Touch Judge: R Webb

Reserve: J Roberts

Match Commissioner: D Milburn

Video Referee: I Smith

Time Keeper: L Fairbank

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,731 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

We should win but there are several things going against us......1) we're Away......2) Cas are likely to be all fired up and out to impress now the dead wood's been cleared (the bounce back for acting coach factor).......3) I might be in attendance (kiss of death, usually)

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Castleford squad: Richard Owen, Michael Shenton, Kirk Dixon, Rangi Chase, Jamie Ellis, Jonathan Walker, Daryl Clark, Craig Huby, Lee Gilmour, Weller Hauraki, Adam Milner, Nathan Massey, Oliver Holmes, Jordan Thompson, Jordan Tansey, Dan Fleming, Charlie Martin, Keith Mason, Ryan Boyle.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

Danny Orr has named his first 19-man squad since taking the reins as temporary Head Coach at Castleford Tigers.

Orr makes one change to the squad that faces Widnes Vikings at the Wish Communications Stadium on Saturday afternoon with winger, Kirk Dixon replacing James Clare.  Ryan Boyle keeps his place in the side after an impressive second debut against Huddersfield Giants last weekend, while Nathan Massey also features despite leaving the field nursing an injury in the same match.

Meanwhile, Justin Carney serves the second of a two-match suspension and Jake Webster remains out with a knee injury suffered against Hull KR in March.

Temporary Head Coach, Danny Orr said that he wants the Tigers to be more consistent. “We know that we can play well, we’ve proved that against Leeds Rhinos, Catalan Dragons and Wigan Warriors this season, but the good teams do it week in, week out and we know that is where we need to get to”.

Castleford Tigers 19-man squad vs Widnes Vikings: see on this thread, above

Castleford Tigers v Widnes Vikings tickets remain available to purchase

from the club’s Carlton Lanes shop until 12noon on Saturday

or online at www.castigers.com until 4:30pm Friday (collection only).

Alternatively, call 01977 555 336.

ENDS

Brett Cullen
Media Relations Officer

Edited by Honor James, 11 April 2013 - 12:52 PM.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#6 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

Widens win here for mine.
Chase will be penalised for dissent or foul play but show some touches of genius when it's too late

#7 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

Widnes squad: Patrick Ah Van, Kevin Brown, Jon Clarke, Chris Dean, Paddy Flynn, Alex Gerrard, Grant Gore, Rhys Hanbury, Phil Joseph, Ben Kavanagh, Adam Lawton, Macgraff Leuluai, Joe Mellor, Eamon O'Carroll, Jack Owens, Cameron Phelps, Steve Pickersgill, Lloyd White, Frank Winterstein.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#8 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

This is probably the first away game since we rejoined Super League that we have been favourites to win although not according to the bookies! If I was looking at it dispassionately, I'd probably agree. However, I don't think it's likely to go to plan. We have shaky away form and have struggled to back it up week to week.

Saturday is the sort of game that Cas will want to use to show that there is fight left at the club. The crowd will be small and it might not be pretty but I think the desire will certainly be there from Cas. If they lost at home to us, regardless of any improvement we have shown then it would look really bad for the club.

From a Widnes POV, this is the sort of game we have to win if are we to shake off the doubts that we only play well because of the ipitch.

#9 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Widnes squad: Patrick Ah Van, Kevin Brown, Jon Clarke, Chris Dean, Paddy Flynn, Alex Gerrard, Grant Gore, Rhys Hanbury, Phil Joseph, Ben Kavanagh, Adam Lawton, Macgraff Leuluai, Joe Mellor, Eamon O'Carroll, Jack Owens, Cameron Phelps, Steve Pickersgill, Lloyd White, Frank Winterstein.

No Cahill or Hock, not surprised as they limped off but they'll be a big loss. We're very light in the forwards without Cahill or Cross.

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

No Cahill or Hock, not surprised as they limped off but they'll be a big loss. We're very light in the forwards without Cahill or Cross.

Cahill out for around two months I read on sky sports news yesterday.

(general info, I assume Max already knew)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

I think Widnes look like a team that's becoming more and more comfortable in itself, and will have too much for Cas, who look pretty rudderless. A problem with a maverick star half back is that structure can be sacrificed as a consequence.

#12 Jill Halfpenny fan

Jill Halfpenny fan
  • Coach
  • 4,450 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

We should win but there are several things going against us......1) we're Away......2) Cas are likely to be all fired up and out to impress now the dead wood's been cleared (the bounce back for acting coach factor).......3) I might be in attendance (kiss of death, usually)

More like 1)We're away 2)We're away 3)We're away
Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

#13 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

Widnes, by 7.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#14 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

Rumoured to be Rangis last ever game for Cas

He'll have an absolute stormer and get sent off

Cas by 24

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#15 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,731 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

lol.....very much a possibility

#16 Blotto

Blotto
  • Coach
  • 578 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

Saw on the RAB Forum Justin Morgan is to be the new Coach?

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

#17 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

What does anyone think the crowd will be? it cannot be as bad or lower than last week,right now i am in the english pub in Spain watching Quins v Bath and its packed so RU does not seem to have a problem with attracting decent crowds on a saturday afternoon but we do.

I will check later as after the rah rah its MILLWALL v WIGAN.
We are Millwall super Millwall super Millwall of the den no one likes us no one likes us no one likes us we dont care:))))))

CM

them pints in Spain must be strong ;)
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#18 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,731 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

pfft

#19 Wellsy4HullFC