Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

13/04/13 - Castleford Tigers v Widnes Vikings - KO 4.45pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Castleford Tigers (5 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. Widnes Vikings (10 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

3. Draw (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,345 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Agree with Stevo that the turning point was Ah Van's brain fart early on in the 2nd half.......which was a shame as he'd played great up to that point, kicking well (particularly from re-start, getting possession back twice in a row), scoring a try and putting in some good effort in defence.

#82 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

I really enjoyed this game - despite the result consigning us to bottom slot again. It was a proper game of rugby on a Saturday afternoon - magic!

My hearty congrats to Cas - who have had a miserable few weeks. They showed 100% guts and pride to come out and smash a result in the second half.

#83 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Whoa! I was entertained for an hour and half so Im not complaining. But Im not deluded by the quality of rugby I saw in the first half.

why does there need to be a but?

In football people don't get a 3-2 game and go on about yhe quality being poor. They just enjoy it for what it is.

Btw - i didnt swear un my original post!

Edited by Dave T, 13 April 2013 - 06:24 PM.

#84 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,347 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

why does there need to be a but?

In football people don't get a 3-2 game and go on about yhe quality being poor. They just enjoy it for what it is.

Btw - i didnt swear un my original post!

There are no buts for me. Ive been posting throughout the game and I thought the first half was really poor. Second half picked up and it was a tight finish. That's just how I saw it.

It'll be interesting to see how the Raper-Orr combination works out.

And life in general post-Chase for the tiggers.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#85 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

I enjoyed the second half of that match.  It was entertaining and there was some real skill mixed in plus a much, much better attitude from Cas than I have seen since the early games of the season. 

#86 Viking Ste

Viking Ste
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Quality move for the last try by Chase! No complaints from me, the better team for 60mins of the game won!

One thing to note, I remember going to 'The Jungle' in the NL1 days when over 6000 people where there. Where are they now?

#87 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,080 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

Quality move for the last try by Chase! No complaints from me, the better team for 60mins of the game won!

One thing to note, I remember going to 'The Jungle' in the NL1 days when over 6000 people where there. Where are they now?

Cas have won,they'll be back.

Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#88 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

Cas have won,they'll be back.

Not entirely true - the players showed some commitment at last, they'll be back - would be more accurate
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#89 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

There are no buts for me. Ive been posting throughout the game and I thought the first half was really poor. Second half picked up and it was a tight finish. That's just how I saw it.

It'll be interesting to see how the Raper-Orr combination works out.

And life in general post-Chase for the tiggers.

fair enough mate.

Fwiw I didnt think the first half was too bad. I enjoyed some of the tries.

#90 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,564 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

There are no buts for me.

Whoa! I was entertained for an hour and half so Im not complaining. But Im not deluded by the quality of rugby I saw in the first half.

I'd say that's a but.
Posted Image

#91 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,564 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

Watching the Grand National.
Protesting against Millward's coaching era.

Oh wait, that was last week...
Posted Image

#92 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,347 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

I think that's harsh. Some of the plays to score the tries were brilliant. The stats show few missed tackles but plenty of breaks, so the tries have had to come from good play. If the tries had come from missed tackling and walking through then yeah I'd agree, but they haven't.

Fantastic game. Great entertainment. Sublime skill at times. Tense finish. Yet some people will complain about it!

I see a lack of logic here. If there are few missed tackles, the breaks are from good play? Not necessarily at all. In the first half analysis John Wells (your brother?;) ) pointed out there were some terrible reads and lazy work from defenders creating big gaps at the ruck and out wide. No missed tackles, plenty of breaks.  I thought the first forty was poor quality rugby. Just an opinion. It got better.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#93 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

First forty was poor rugby but great entertainment for a neutral IMO

#94 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,564 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

I see a lack of logic here. If there are few missed tackles, the breaks are from good play?

Yes, because good plays make defenders move into wrong places which creates the gaps and they need exploiting.

Not necessarily at all. In the first half analysis John Wells (your brother?;) ) pointed out there were some terrible reads and lazy work from defenders creating big gaps at the ruck and out wide. No missed tackles, plenty of breaks. I thought the first forty was poor quality rugby. Just an opinion. It got better.

The plays were creating the gaps. Players make poor reads when coming up against good plays. There were still incidents of poor play, don't get me wrong. But these happen in every game. I just think it's harsh to say a game that had great stats in many places and was highly entertaining was a poor quality game.

Each to their own I suppose.

Oh, and yes John Wells is my brother. But Jon Wells was the one that pointed it out, not John ;)
Posted Image

#95 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

:lol:

How the hell didthey not pick up on that pass!!!!! Thats gone 5 metres forward!!

Well being a Leeds fan you'd know all about unnoticed forward passes!

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#96 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

Went to this game and thoroughly enjoyed it. The 4k fans or so made lots of noise.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#97 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,978 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:24 AM

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users