Photo
- - - - -

13/04/13 - Salford City Reds v Hull FC - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Salford City Reds (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. Voted Hull FC (7 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Discuss the game here.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

Referee: R Hicks

Touch Judge: P Marklove

Touch Judge: M Craven

Reserve: A Smith

Match Commissioner: K Leyland

In Goal: T Maher

In Goal: A Fazackerley

Time Keeper: A Mills

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

Hull FC squad: Joe Arundel, Tom Briscoe, Josh Bowden, Ben Crooks, Jason Crookes, Chris Green, Dean Hadley, Aaron Heremaia, Richard Horne, Danny Houghton, Tom Lineham, Andy Lynch, Shannon McDonnell, Mark O'Meley, Jay Pitts, Jamie Shaul, Liam Watts, Joe Westerman, Richard Whiting.

Edited by hindle xiii, 11 April 2013 - 01:38 PM.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

Salford squad: Jodie Broughton, Martin Gleeson, Danny Williams, Liam Foran, Matty Ashurst, Andrew Dixon, Stephen Wild, Wayne Godwin, Chris Nero, Jordan James, Adam Neal, Theo Fages, Marc Sneyd, Gareth Owen, Niall Evalds, Darrell Griffin, Jonathan Ford, Adam Walne, Jake Emmitt.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Intersting game for several reasons. Hull have awful injuru problems to star players and are missing Tickle also now. Salford waiting on fitness of Glesson, Williams, Gibson, McPherson, McGoldrick and Gaskill. If enough of these can be pressed into action and with Emmitt expected to make hid debut for Reds, I think we wil edge this by 6 points. If we are short in the threequarters again - I expect another big defeat...

The new Salford coach is to be announced after the game according to Dr Koucash via the Manchester Evening news  - http://www.mancheste...finally-2583683

I wonder if any new signings are to be unvieled?   

#6 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

I wouldn't want Danny Williams rushed back for this one,and Lee Jewitt missing isn't good,but the same referee as there was for the last Salford victory on Good Friday is a good omen.( Not least because when Roby refereed the last 2 away defeats my ears were assaulted by quadrophonic screams of 'Fooooorwaaaaard'.)
Salford have to take advantage of the fact that Holdsworth is missing.FC do have pace in their backline.
Going for a home win to set me up for the good news to follow.( Heard a whisper today - 2014 will be a very good year )

#7 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

After a good wins against Wakefield then Catalan I think we could make it three on the bounce. Tom Lineham and Ben Crooks are both playing very well and I think we could win again , close game FC by 8.

#8 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,742 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

FC win with all the tries scored down the right side

#9 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

Both these teams seem equally able to frustrate their fans with their inconsistency. Last week, Hull looked strong in the second half and were far too good for Catalans. However, overall, they were not as impressive as they should be and their fans must be mystified at their inability to turn promise into reality. Sounds a lot like us, except we've only just found some promise  -_- . It's definitely a game we can win, but I suspect Hull will triumph by two or three scores. All I really want from my team is for them to compete and at least make me believe there is better to come.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#10 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Anyone know How Ellis scan went????

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Anyone know How Ellis scan went????

Gentle said today he'd be back within a month.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#12 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hull FC, by 12.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#13 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Gentle said today he'd be back within a month.

"Scan suggests star will face Warriors" according to the back page of today's HDM.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#14 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

Hope so

#15 boris74

boris74
  • Coach
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

"Scan suggests star will face Warriors" according to the back page of today's HDM.

Back within the month is how I heard it ie April so the Wigan game sounds about right.

Listened to Ellis on Talksport this afternoon and he sounded more cautious although pleased with the scan result.

#16 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Poor game between two poor sides punctuated by a moment of brilliance for the final try.

Poor team performance by Salford but encouraging individual displays, particularly amongst the youngsters and new signings/resignings.

I'd actually be more concerned in the back of that if I was a Hull fan.

#17 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

I was a bit down that we lost and are now bottom club again. But after a beer and digesting the good news about Brian Noble and lots of new players coming in for next year - I feel better! I heard additional new backroom staff are coming too - lets face it a defence coach and some extra conditioners would help out a lot.

I think Hull FC will be so much better when Holdsworth & Ellis & Tickle are starting. I think they will have a strong second half of the season.

#18 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

I was a bit down that we lost and are now bottom club again. But after a beer and digesting the good news about Brian Noble and lots of new players coming in for next year - I feel better! I heard additional new backroom staff are coming too - lets face it a defence coach and some extra conditioners would help out a lot.

I think Hull FC will be so much better when Holdsworth & Ellis & Tickle are starting. I think they will have a strong second half of the season.

Based purely on the final score, which was close, Salford must have put some good effort in though, much better than last week?  Hopefully Salford will pull off another win soon.

#19 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

Based purely on the final score, which was close, Salford must have put some good effort in though, much better than last week?  Hopefully Salford will pull off another win soon.

We HAD to be better than last week! No shortage of effort from our team this year - just lack of quality in places / experience / pre-season. If we can win another 3 SL matches and maybe do ok in the Cup, I would be happy.

#20 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,742 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

There were long periods of Salford not doing anything. The score is close because of a last minute Broughton try, think the 12 points difference was a fair reflection but didn't show the hard work.

Arrudel injury looked nasty as did Williams stitches to the face.

Evalds was outstanding and showed some great play. Salford are still playing with a number of under 21s which illustrates the hard work done by Hunte.

Foran & Magoldrick have both been dropped by Hunte.

No idea what Noble will make of it all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users