Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

13/04/13 - Salford City Reds v Hull FC - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Salford City Reds (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. Voted Hull FC (7 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

There were long periods of Salford not doing anything. The score is close because of a last minute Broughton try, think the 12 points difference was a fair reflection but didn't show the hard work.

Arrudel injury looked nasty as did Williams stitches to the face.

Evalds was outstanding and showed some great play. Salford are still playing with a number of under 21s which illustrates the hard work done by Hunte.

Foran & Magoldrick have both been dropped by Hunte.

No idea what Noble will make of it all.

I noticed Hunte trying to rotate the squad a little and create competition for places. Not a bad idea - makes no one feel in a comfort zone and makes people try harder

Edited by 41hound, 13 April 2013 - 07:28 PM.

#22 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

No Aussies or Kiwis either today. Only one not Brit Fages.

6 from our academy as well future could become good.

#23 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

Based purely on the final score, which was close, Salford must have put some good effort in though, much better than last week? Hopefully Salford will pull off another win soon.

One of the Hull tries was a bit of a freak from charging down a kick. A couplev

#24 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

Based purely on the final score, which was close, Salford must have put some good effort in though, much better than last week? Hopefully Salford will pull off another win soon.

One of the Hull tries was a bit of a freak from charging down a kick. A couple of others were purely down to shoddy defence.

I actually thought Hull looked very poor, given their personnel.

#25 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,647 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

One of the Hull tries was a bit of a freak from charging down a kick. A couple of others were purely down to shoddy defence.

I actually thought Hull looked very poor, given their personnel.

Sign of a champion side, looking poor and winning.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#26 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

Sign of a champion side, looking poor and winning.

Lol. You'll be nailed on for the grand final in that case.

#27 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,647 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

Lol. You'll be nailed on for the grand final in that case.

Damn, I was rather hoping for a serious bite or two, tbh.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#28 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

No Aussies or Kiwis either today. Only one not Brit Fages.

6 from our academy as well future could become good.

Thats great to see, i fear Noble will stuff it all up though. 

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#29 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

Scrappy game that Hull never looked like losing tbh.
The Horne / Heremaia partnership seems to be working and Horne dusted off the cobwebs and showed some class.

For Salford the arrival of Noble is one thing and I expect them to improve - but it's going to take more than Bri, to get them up into the 8.
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#30 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,548 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

More injuries for Hull. Arundel expected to be out for two months. Luckily Yeaman is expected to be fit again in two weeks to face Wigan (as well as Ellis) so we should be covered.

But it seems the injury curse has struck again! Currently both our centres, both our half backs and both our second rowers are injured (and our top two goal kickers and two star signings are in that list).

How come Leeds never get injuries?! It's a bloody RFL conspiracy!
Posted Image

#31 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

Maybe Hull really need to look at their conditioning staff?

#32 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

Scrappy game that Hull never looked like losing tbh.
The Horne / Heremaia partnership seems to be working and Horne dusted off the cobwebs and showed some class.

For Salford the arrival of Noble is one thing and I expect them to improve - but it's going to take more than Bri, to get them up into the 8.

A makeshift half back combination and a team full of youngsters. Got to be pleased with the two points. Gentle is doing a very good job with the players he has available. 

What bearing did the conditions have on the game? I understand the weather wasn't as nice as it was over here on the sunny side of the country.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#33 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

Neither side looked great, but you couldn't fault the commitment from both sets of players. I am not despondent about Salford on that showing. We are getting better. Slowly, admittedly, but the improvement is there. We defended better than we have done and Hull had to work for their scores. What I think we do lack is some variety in our attack. We seem to have one play and other teams have sussed it now. Broughton's try came from trying something different. I wish we had the guts to try stuff like that earlier in the game. Of course, it might not work earlier, but I'd still like to see us try something like that.

Anyway, well done to Hull. Hope to see you guys for a drink before the games on 7th July.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#34 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,970 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#35 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

That try by Broughton was spectacular.

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#36 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

And perfectly timed, I had just turned to my husband and said we need Jodie to go the length of the field and over the Sneyd kick comes . Shame we left it so late to try these things.

#37 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

That try by Broughton was spectacular.

Can't help thinking Danny Williams,had he been fully fit,but had returned for the 3rd time this season after a hamstring/quad injury,would have scored a similar effort earlier in the 2nd half.He had also suffered a facial injury earlier in the game.

#38 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,647 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Ben Crooks' effort was better. Now that was a length of the field effort.  :P

#39 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

Saw a picture of Danny's cut, rather deep cut. Think he ended up with 7 stitches.

#40 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Ben Crooks' effort was better. Now that was a length of the field effort.  :P

And it was against thirteen men.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users