TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

14/04/13 - Bradford Bulls v Wigan Warriors - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Bradford Bulls (7 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

2. Voted Wigan Warriors (14 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

3. Draw (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

It seems the slhighlights person has removed the video for this game, I'll update it if/when the video is restored.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#42 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

TLCRF80mins was at Odsal on a pre-cup spying mission.

And we have the highlights video!

Let's say we're a lot less worried than we were beforehand

For the Hornets fans' view of the 'Battle with the Cattle' - go have a look at the blog.

http://theseladscanr...blogspot.co.uk/

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#43 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

TLCRF80mins was at Odsal on a pre-cup spying mission.

And we have the highlights video!

Let's say we're a lot less worried than we were beforehand

For the Hornets fans' view of the 'Battle with the Cattle' - go have a look at the blog.

http://theseladscanr...blogspot.co.uk/

Thank #### no-one reads that rubbish.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#44 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

Thank #### no-one reads that rubbish.

Not your cup of tea then?

:lol: 

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!

#45 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Not your cup of tea then?

:lol:

That's one giddy kipper! :D

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#46 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

That's the magic of the cup!

;)

Posted Image

#47 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,859 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Was looking forward to the Youtube highlights of this one and they didn't disappoint. The usual foulmouthed bunch behind the camera position at Odsal were in place, appealing for everything. Personal highlight was SL's best full-back popping a pass to Liam Farrell - very odd.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#48 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

Went to Odsal for he first time yesterday. Despite the one-sided affair, Bradford appear to be a well-run professional club. They put on a good match day for fans.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#50 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

Was looking forward to the Youtube highlights of this one and they didn't disappoint. The usual foulmouthed bunch behind the camera position at Odsal were in place, appealing for everything. Personal highlight was SL's best full-back popping a pass to Liam Farrell - very odd.

[chomp] Yeh, a bad day at the office for Kearney.

As for the rest, meh, every crowd is about the same and we were bloody cheated come on referee booooooooooo FORWARD! BLOODY USELESS REF CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT

Better?! :P

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#51 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

It is strange, that when you don't have an emotional investment in a game, the referee always appears better. Other than missing a knock on and a blatant obstruction I thought Mr Roby had a fair game. He didn't police the ruck any differently for either side and took the teams a generous 10m to give the defences a bit of 'wriggle room'. Generally, Wigan were quicker off the floor which was the difference round the ruck. Neither team was worse than the other on 'flat' passes, but Wigan tended to have more bodies in motion when the ball was played. Notwithstanding my attempts to play up how bad Bradford were - and for an hour, they really were (after all, the whole 'persona' of the blog is intended to be as biased as possible), it was a decent game, a good crowd and an enjoyable afternoon.

Looking forward to Sunday.

Posted Image

#52 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

I think the only way we'll cut out the 'flat' passes in the UK is to go to 2 refs like the Aussies have. With one ref with the attacking team is should be a lot easier to police. Sadly we probably haven't got the funds to do that.

#53 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

I think the only way we'll cut out the 'flat' passes in the UK is to go to 2 refs like the Aussies have. With one ref with the attacking team is should be a lot easier to police. Sadly we probably haven't got the funds to do that.

Have an official, by that I mean someone akin to the match commisioner, in the stand with an overall view of the pitch. An 'overview official' (!) in communication with those on the field.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#54 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

Have an official, by that I mean someone akin to the match commisioner, in the stand with an overall view of the pitch. An 'overview official' (!) in communication with those on the field.

is that really going to be any cheaper than having an extra ref on the pitch? An extra ref could also better police the ruck whilst the other polices the defensive line.

#55 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

is that really going to be any cheaper than having an extra ref on the pitch? An extra ref could also better police the ruck whilst the other polices the defensive line.

No idea, but there are already "officials" not on or around the pitch. The only cost I can see is another channel for the communication, this is also another potential area where technology could fail, at least the touch judges have hand signals. Anyway, it'll probably fall down somewhere down the leagues that aren't all wired for sound. But I definitely think someone who can see the whole pitch is one way forward.

The downside at the moment of an extra referee is the people available, both in numbers and quality/experience, perhaps the next avenue is a push on ex-players to take up the whistle.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#56 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

Perhaps... I don't know the answer. I do like the way the NRL matches are ref'd but whether that is down to having 2 refs on the pitch or the philosophy of refereeing handed down from red hall, I'm not sure.

#57 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Perhaps... I don't know the answer. I do like the way the NRL matches are ref'd but whether that is down to having 2 refs on the pitch or the philosophy of refereeing handed down from red hall, I'm not sure.

I think it's exactly the same as the players; more players means more matches which means more officials... so the better players AND officials filter through to the top.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#58 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

There are far too many forward passes thrown for them not to be seen by the touch judges.

I think the touch judges must be told not to call forward passes unless a specific pass is queried by the referee.

Mick Ganson should set aside any personal preferences and insist that touch judges play a bigger part.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#59 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

It is strange, that when you don't have an emotional investment in a game, the referee always appears better. Other than missing a knock on and a blatant obstruction I thought Mr Roby had a fair game. He didn't police the ruck any differently for either side and took the teams a generous 10m to give the defences a bit of 'wriggle room'. Generally, Wigan were quicker off the floor which was the difference round the ruck. Neither team was worse than the other on 'flat' passes, but Wigan tended to have more bodies in motion when the ball was played. Notwithstanding my attempts to play up how bad Bradford were - and for an hour, they really were (after all, the whole 'persona' of the blog is intended to be as biased as possible), it was a decent game, a good crowd and an enjoyable afternoon.

Looking forward to Sunday.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users