Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

14/04/13 - Huddersfield Giants v Hull KR - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Huddersfield Giants (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. Voted Hull KR (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Draw (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,888 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

50-24.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#22 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,888 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

50-30.

Is that a new type of kick?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#23 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,888 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Game over, 50-30.

#24 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

20-12, defences on top.

Game over, 50-30.

So defences not quite on top at the end then. :)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#25 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,888 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

So defences not quite on top at the end then. :)

Errrm, it was an ironic comment.  B)

#26 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

Rovers only got anywhere near scoring thanks to the Giants giving them possession in our 30

Usually on the back of a dodgy Halibut decision - their last try for example came from an offside penalty that he had ignored for 75 mins

Giants on the other hand never looked like losing

A stronger ref would have seen a lower score for HKR and a bigger one for Hudds

#27 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,888 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Rovers only got anywhere near scoring thanks to the Giants giving them possession in our 30

Usually on the back of a dodgy Halibut decision - their last try for example came from an offside penalty that he had ignored for 75 mins

Giants on the other hand never looked like losing

A stronger ref would have seen a lower score for HKR and a bigger one for Hudds

Hmmm.

The ever reliable and completely unbiased Chris Park of Blunderside said Hudds had 7 penalties on the bounce in this game.

#28 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Sandercock on Humberside laying the blame to the first half performance on a 7 nil penalty count against Rovers.

#29 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,888 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Ant might tell us what sort of penalty count a "stronger ref" would have given perhaps.

#30 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Rovers were shockingly offside, laying on and towards the end of the first half getting quite dirty

To be fair to Alibert he was consistent for 75 mins in ignoring everything but hands in the ruck or crossing but given the Giants were by far the better team the slow ruck and offsides helped Rovers far more

#31 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Sandercock on Humberside laying the blame to the first half performance on a 7 nil penalty count against Rovers.

Rovers could have been penalised at every tackle IMO.

#32 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,888 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Rovers were shockingly offside

Next time you watch the Giants play, and you think the opposition are "shockingly offside", have a look at your own team's defensive line when they haven't got the ball.

I think you'll find it quite illuminating.

And as I hope you should already know, I'm no fan of Hull KR.

#33 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

Another week and another ref bashing!  :rolleyes:

#34 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Another week and another ref bashing! :rolleyes:

Oh for the most part Alibert was consistent and evenly handed through the game - his one offside penalty on 75 was bloody galling given he'd ignored it all game - and yes for both sides

The point of my comments was in response to Sandercock blaming the penalty count when he's lucky it wasn't much higher

#35 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Oh dear oh dear rovers fans not very good this is it!!! We're are you in the league up the black and whites

#36 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,888 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Oh dear oh dear rovers fans not very good this is it!!! We're are you in the league up the black and whites

Bit naughty that but it made me smile.

#37 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

Just getting em back

#38 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Very entertaining game i thought, both sides playing a similar game, I also thought HKR were offside all game, but that was made to look worse because the Giants are so slow at moving up themselves, Giants got a lot of penalties on the bounce, and HKR did in the second half, Both defences left a lot to be desired, I thought HKR were pretty decent myself especially the forwards, Giants had one or two players that stood out, Lunt, Ferres, Eorl. and that was the difference for me. HKR only had Eden in the backs that really caught the eye, Why the Giants let him go is baffling, Yes he can drop some clangers, ( not today ) but he is exiting going forward and taking the line on, he is going to be a top player. Poor crowd but what's new, Master class of Goalkicking in very windy condition from Brough and Dobson well done both sides, i enjoyed the game.
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#39 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

Yeah Eden played very well today

I'd say difference was our backs
Wardle & Ferres had the rovers right side utterly terrified when they ran at them and on the other side Cudjoe was making Whelam look like a rookie armature

Crabtree was utterly immense though

#40 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,454 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

Sandercock's like a broken record. He seemed completely unwilling to accept that there was any other factor in the defeat other than the referee.

Radio Humberside's Lee Richardson clearly thought he was talking ###### but was too polite to put it that way. 

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users