RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

14/04/13 - Huddersfield Giants v Hull KR - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Huddersfield Giants (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. Voted Hull KR (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Draw (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

Sandercock's like a broken record. He seemed completely unwilling to accept that there was any other factor in the defeat other than the referee.

Radio Humberside's Lee Richardson clearly thought he was talking ###### but was too polite to put it that way.

He sounds like a man who already knows his fate.

#42 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#43 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

It seems the slhighlights person has removed the video for this game, I'll update it if/when the video is restored.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#44 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

We were beaten by a side that possess real quality halves, players who run get lines, hit gaps and can offload extremely well.

I was very impressed with Huddersfield but also impressed with our 100% effort and endeavour. We gave it everything and simply came up short against a side who I may have a few quid on finishing top of the pile come playoff time.

Alibert was poor in parts. He missed a blatant forward pass for a Huddersfield try and (although I'd have to watch it again) gave a scrum to Huddersfield despite Rovers utilising the 'free play' rule after a Huddersfield error.

We have much to improve on though. We gave away 7 penalties in 20 minutes and I think at one point the penalty count was 11-1 against us - you can't tell me the ref is at fault for that.

You only have to read this thread to see how a home and away supporter view the official. Ant's side won and he thought the official was poor against his side. My team lost and I think Alibert made a couple of gaffs.

I am a huge supporters of officials and improving standards and yesterday highlighted to me that, although I never bag official or divulge in vitriolic tirades of abuse at the man in the middle like we see quite often at games, standards must improve.

#45 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Alibert was poor in parts. He missed a blatant forward pass for a Huddersfield try and (although I'd have to watch it again) gave a scrum to Huddersfield despite Rovers utilising the 'free play' rule after a Huddersfield error.

I was confused by that one initially, but as the scrum was forming he signalled to the Rovers players (rightly complaining) that the ball was actually stripped one on one, so the play on and subsequent scrum was the right call - HKR got the ball not through a giants mistake but their own efforts, Giants defence then snuffed that effort out

It's been noted that the Giants defence switched off - perhaps because they never doubted they could score plenty - against a team like Rovers that's a bit scuicidal - they have a lot of running and a dazzling to watch in the red zone with the number of ball runners they have

At 22-0 though came the turning point, one dropped ball due to overplaying it and trying to score on every play let Rovers have a sniff

What is pleasing is last year we'd have lost this game

#46 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. With it being up the other end of the pitch we were a bit confused as to what had happened.

#47 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. With it being up the other end of the pitch we were a bit confused as to what had happened.

Yeah I thought he'd dropped a clanger too, he maybe doesn't do himself many favours due to his lack of clear signals

#48 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,756 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#49 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

That pass back inside to Grix to break through for Lunt's first try was as good as you'll see anywhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users